Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tweak to cancel SMS messages?

Default Tweak to cancel SMS messages?
    Is there a tweak that will allow you to cancel a sms message once you hit send? Ive sent a couple that i had a typo or something in it, every other phone I have owned had the ability to cancel but the iphone doesnt? A tweak would be awesome

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

BiteSMS allows you to cancel the send, you can also set the delay to your liking

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Id rather find a tweak to the built in messaging program then install bitesms

Thanks

I'm pretty sure that there's no tweak like that out there. Once it's sent, it's sent. There's no way to delete it off of someone's phone before they can see it.

BiteSMS would be the way to go. Even then, it's not true "cancel sending", it's just a delay, but it still works pretty well.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbarker View Post
    ? Have you ever seen bitesms? The actual app is IDENTICAL to the standard SMS.app, plus it has awesome features like texting/calling whilst your in any app, on springboard or on the lockscreen!
    You should check it out!

SMS Helper lets you set it up to where you confirm or cancel after you hit send. You hit send, and a pop up asks if you are sure you want to send. Then you hit either send or cancel. Best part is it's free. It's not compatible with 4.x though, so hopefully you are at 3.1.3 or lower.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I like the way BiteSMS does it

Quote Originally Posted by mrbarker View Post
    i used to be the same way, not wanting to install a third party app for texting..and had quickreply installed until i upgraded to the i4 then the developer dropped it.

and now currently use biteSMS and absolutely love it.

u wont regret it once you try it..

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Yea I was the same way too

Quote Originally Posted by greek.guy View Post
    i used to be the same way, not wanting to install a third party app for texting..and had quickreply installed until i upgraded to the i4 then the developer dropped it.

and now currently use biteSMS and absolutely love it.

u wont regret it once you try it..
    I'm on 4.1 and I have quickreply and it works great

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
    I'm on 4.1 and I have quickreply and it works great
    i have an iphone 4 with 4.1, and it would crash a lot and the double tap on the lockscreen didnt work correctly either. But it all worked perfectly on my 3GS running 3.1.3

On the download page in cydia the developer even admits that he is not supporting it anymore due to all the issues now..thats why he wouldnt be charging for it anymore

i mean good for u, if you have an iphone 4 and it works good then congrats. i really do miss that little tweak..but again biteSMS is incredible