Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Move app info to new phone

Thanks

Default Move app info to new phone
    Is there a way to take the saved data from angry birds that is on my 3G and move it to my 3GS? I don't want to restore my new phone to my old phones backup. Is there a way to use SSH to move the files ?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

YES! erm this isnt specifically fopr angry birds but if you go to /root of the app then /documents and grab EVERYTHING INSIDE THAT FOLDER!!!!! then go back to /root and into /library/preferences then out of there you need to grab the prop list which IS NOT blue (linked)..
    as long as you grab EVERYTHING i have told you to and make sure you dump them in the same version of angry birds (i.e. 1.2 or whatever) then it will definitely work
    have fun

oh and make sure you dump them back in the appropriate place
    Last edited by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz; 2010-10-29 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Thanks

"then go back to /root and into /library/preferences then out of there you need to grab the prop list which IS NOT blue (linked).."

I'm not understanding this part. I transfered everything else and it works until you get a
    New high score and then it closes the app. Could you re-explain the second
    Part?

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz View Post
    i have told you to and make sure you dump them in the same version of angry birds (i.e. 1.2 or whatever) then it will definitely work
    have fun

oh and make sure you dump them back in the appropriate place
    So what if it isn't the same version anymore due to new updates from the game ? It won't work then ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlvinDj View Post
    So what if it isn't the same version anymore due to new updates from the game ? It won't work then ?
    IDK, but in my case I can just update the app I'm taking the files from because I still have my old phone. I'm still trying to figure the second half of the instructions. I got all the files from the documents folder but I don't get the part about the other files, blue, linked, etc. Can someone clarify?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Effenpig! View Post
    IDK, but in my case I can just update the app I'm taking the files from because I still have my old phone. I'm still trying to figure the second half of the instructions. I got all the files from the documents folder but I don't get the part about the other files, blue, linked, etc. Can someone clarify?
    You can just take all of them files, but when you go to put them in the new phone you'll need to delete the two that are already in there

Thanks

Idk, I've tried it about 15 times, everything out of the app documents folder and everything out pf the app/ library/pref folder.
    Everything works until I set a score higher than the existing score on any level. As soon as it adds up the score the app closes. I'm stumped. I must be doing something wrong. Any ideas ?