Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icon won't change after SSH

Default Icon won't change after SSH
    Hi all...me again...lol...I found an icon to replace the google voice icon from that ugly lookin one that it uses that looks like a folder.....I converted the .png filewith fixpng to one that Fireworks can "See", the original "Icon.png" showed only as black.

I then sshd back into the google app and overwrote the icon.png file with my new one, but it still shows the ugly folder icon and not my new one....is there somewhere else in the phone that I need to overwrite still?...seems like i had to do this once before with one, byt cant remember how i stumbled upon that fix.....TIA....Dirtylarry

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I see you wrote "Icon.png" than "icon.png" - that capital "I" vs lower case could make a difference. I guess just make sure the files are named correctly. As far as I know what you did should do the job.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hadzo For This Useful Post:

dirtylarry (2010-10-22)

thanks hazdo....that was a typo...I did make the name exactly the same...just typed it different in here is all....

Did you use winterboard to reboot it? If you did try making a folder on your computer and making as separate theme that you can ssh instead of overwriting. If it still doesn't work, are you sure that the icon is changeable? It may not be.

I found with a couple of apps that icon.png wasn't the actual springboard icon. What I did was use iFile on my phone and browsed the app folder, and looked at all the png files in the folder. When i found the one that was the SB icon, I used that file name. Also, I don't believe the filenames aren't case sensitive, so Icon.png and icon.png would be the same thing. If I'm wrong, I hope someone corrects me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I found on numerous occasions that it is case sensitive. This applies only if you try to directly replace the icon with in the App directory (as far as I can tell DirtiLarry is trying just that). I donít think that he is trying this via WinterBoard, at least it does not sound like it/?

If you are using WinterBoard theme this might help: http://modmyi.com/forums/winterboard...ange-icon.html