Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: making your own theme

Thanks

Default making your own theme
    is making your own theme as simple as making a folder inside the themes folder, naming it UIImages and putting the files in there, and enabling it in winterboard?

i change the charging battery, status bar battery, sliders, sms bubble colors and background, folder icon and bg, and a few more. i just take the actual file in the iphone file system, save it, and edit in photoshop, and replace it. but it's getting redundant, since i've had to do this a few times since i've gotten replacement iphones and had to rejailbreak. and also customizing my wifes iphone. so would it be as easy as doing what i said above, and turning it on in winterboard?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes it's that simple, probs easier to build the file system on your computer first, rather than doing it on your iPhone, then just drop it in said directory

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Thanks

ok thanks. one more question, would my uiimages folder work on iPhone 4's retina display?? I want to send this to my cousin but he's on i4.

how do i find the specific folders?
    天空好大,好远

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    ok thanks. one more question, would my uiimages folder work on iPhone 4's retina display?? I want to send this to my cousin but he's on i4.
    They will work... But he will see a pixelated theme due to the higher resolution screen on the iPhone 4.

Tell him to e-mail you all the images from his iOS, that way you can edit them on your computer and send him something with the right res and clarity. Non-HD themes don't look to hot on these retina displays.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
    They will work... But he will see a pixelated theme due to the higher resolution screen on the iPhone 4.

Tell him to e-mail you all the images from his iOS, that way you can edit them on your computer and send him something with the right res and clarity. Non-HD themes don't look to hot on these retina displays.
    eh, he's not very tech savvy. he wouldn't deal with that.. and he lives kind of far so im not gonna just go and do it for him. but perhaps i can download some of the files, does anyone know if they are anywhere?

I'm sure they're available somewhere, but not sure where.

If ya haven't found them in a couple days, I'll post some of the important ones, but testing it would really be a pain for ya without having one to work on.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.