Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable 720p video recording on iPhone 3GS

Thanks
    Hey lost all my original files and iPhone isn't starting up, still in WinSCP but can someone send original N88AP.plist, original files from celestial.framework/N88 and Foundation framework/N88 files.
    Thanks

sorry, issue fixed but now the shutter will not open in camera app, app hasn't frozen as i can still access the camera roll but the recording is not working?
    Last edited by Microsoft; 2010-10-25 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cholodvs For This Useful Post:

Cat3TRD (2010-11-09)

Thanks
    Cheers dude, you saved me big time
    "If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Let me start by saying I am comfortable with ssh'ing. When I copy the (4) files total into their perspective locations, do I paste them in the beginning or at the end of the existing code? I am going on vacation tomorrow and really want to complete this mod!

Thanks in advance!!!!!
    Jeff

Edit: I copied the original plist files to my computer as backup, then ssh'd the modified files in their perspective locations. I took a before video and an after to test. So far, everything works fine.
    Last edited by w00dy; 2010-10-26 at 04:52 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------->flickr <------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is there likke a significant difference? i dont know if did it wrong or what but i can't tell the difference. advice please?

just go to YouTube and search for "3GS video test" from a random user then u can compare both videos there is a big difference

oh wow okay thanks xD i see it now

Thanks

Does uploading to YouTube work with this hack? Other HD recording hacks that I've put in causes problems when uploading the video from the camera roll to YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

mmmm i have uploaded 2 videos so far, everything works fine. i copied the video file to my computer then upload it to youtube..

If you upload the video directly from your phone... i think will mess it up, cuz i saw a plist about a config that iphone has for youtube uploading :S

It's a big difference in file size so it must be HD. I'm loving the image quality, the videos are grainy at full res though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For people looking for a comparison.. Check my YouTube page I made YouTube.com/r3tardstrength

I only have a couple of vids on there. You can see on the AFTER video, 1080HD option is enabled . Whereas on the before video, it is not.

I took the vids, sync'd my 3gs & uploaded them from my computer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tashawn View Post
    It's a big difference in file size so it must be HD. I'm loving the image quality, the videos are grainy at full res though.
    Does this alter photo quality as well? Not just video?

Okay, I installed the files. I can't tell any difference between the two videos after uploading them to both my computer and YouTube. It was shot under lamp lighting.. could that be the issue? It still looks pretty much the same even when watching it on 1080p HD.

Also, anyone know of a good HD uploading app? I tried PixelPipe but it doesn't seem to let me upload from the camera roll, only when I shoot footage straight from the app; I don't really like that.
    Last edited by dotFIVE; 2010-10-29 at 07:44 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

dotFIVE,
    did you reboot your device? At first, I just did a respring, but that didn't do anything.

I installed the files and I don't see any difference in video quality.

Also, any word on the Cydia release?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by w00dy View Post
    dotFIVE,
    did you reboot your device? At first, I just did a respring, but that didn't do anything.
    Yes, I rebooted twice.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

hi awosem work!! i used this tweak with 4.1!does it work with ios 4.3.1?!?!!?? if not when can we get the newest version?!?! i just update to 4.3.1 and JB!

same question here!
    4.3.1?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12