Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: More than 6 SMS tones?

Default More than 6 SMS tones?
    Ok, first off, I apologize if this has been asked/covered already... I'm new here, and while I did look around for answers first, I may have missed something.

Ok... so, I figured out how to put custom sms tones on my iphone... played around with the plist and strings files and figured out how to rename the tones so I can tell what my custom ones are. I've even figured out how to ADD additional options to the tones menu in the preferences>sounds app. However, my additional options don't do anything when you select them. I'm thinking that there must be an additional file(s) somewhere that actually links the menu options from the plist/strings files with the actual caf files that are the tones. I'm hoping that someone here who is more familiar with the file system than I am can point me in the right direction to find that file, or tell me if it's just not possible (I haven't been willing to accept that so far).

I'd be very grateful for any information that might help. Thanks in advance

The easiest way is to make a theme and name the sounds to sms-received1-6.caf Put them in a folder inside your theme named UISounds. Then you can select them and they will replace the stock sounds. Unfortunately I don't think you can have more than six, so if you want to have more you'll have to put them in that folder with more numbers ad rename them to sms-received1.caf and so on. Remember to respring if you change them otherwise it won't change. Hope that helps!
    HK-Z on Game Center