Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FaceTime Activation Through Email

Default FaceTime Activation Through Email
    I purchased an iPhone 4 more for an iPod use, and I am unable to get my FaceTime Activated. Im trying to find out if it is possible to activate it by email like the iPod touch does.

Any help is appreciated.

I can't guarantee this will work, but open safari. The in the address bar type

facetime://phone number

see if that works

Quote Originally Posted by phatcamaro View Post
    I can't guarantee this will work, but open safari. The in the address bar type

facetime://phone number

see if that works
    That does come up giving me the option to make the factime call to the number I choose, but it doesnt go through because my facetime isnt activated. (which is what im trying to do)

When I go to settings > Phone >, it says waiting for activation under facetime. Basically You need to have an sms plan to activate facetime, but my phone has a dataplan only. I know when you go to facetime on the new ipod touch, it asks for an email address to activate your facetime. The iphone needs a phone number. So what im trying to do is make my iphone activate facetime with an email address instead of a phone number (exactly like the ipod touch).

As of now email activation on an iPhone 4 is not possible, but a developer, pushfix, is working on it, he said it's very complicated but he's working on it as we speak, we'll see what happens in a few days.

If u can't wait for that, u will just have to get an SMS plan to activate it

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    As of now email activation on an iPhone 4 is not possible, but a developer, pushfix, is working on it, he said it's very complicated but he's working on it as we speak, we'll see what happens in a few days.

If u can't wait for that, u will just have to get an SMS plan to activate it
    Good to hear, thanks for the info... Where did you find this as I cant seem to find anything about it on his website.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zafeer View Post
    Good to hear, thanks for the info... Where did you find this as I cant seem to find anything about it on his website.

Thanks
    he doesnt put it on his website until it's official, because right now there are no garuntees that it will work. Go to his twitter (twitter.com/pushfix) all the latest updates are there