Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist in iOS 4.1

Default SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist in iOS 4.1
    Would anyone be able to upload or send me an unmodified copy of SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist from an iOS 4.1 phone, preferably an iPhone 4? It turns out the 4.1 version of the file doesn't mod the same way the 4.0.1 and down version did to extend the length of the SMS Received vibration. And it also turns out that any sort of modification nulls the SMS received vibration unless the phone is locked or in the SMS app. Please help a guy who just plumb forgot to backup a file he was about to mod. Thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iamjamieq For This Useful Post:

Zaacckk (2011-03-07)

I modded my plist already to the same one I used in 4.0.1 so that I got the 3 vibs for sms ....

Id like to add a longer vib duration if you get this figured out though....

I tried copying my modded plist from 4.0.1 and it didn't work. I tried changing the 4.1 plist and it didn't work and broke the SMS vibrate. If I figure it out I can let you know, but I need a fresh copy of an unmodded plist from someone before I can do anymore with it.

Quote Originally Posted by iamjamieq View Post
    I tried copying my modded plist from 4.0.1 and it didn't work. I tried changing the 4.1 plist and it didn't work and broke the SMS vibrate. If I figure it out I can let you know, but I need a fresh copy of an unmodded plist from someone before I can do anymore with it.
    Give me 10 mins and ill get you mine i just got home

Quote Originally Posted by silent six View Post
    Give me 10 mins and ill get you mine i just got home
    That'd be great! Thanks!

Thanks so much. Though for some reason it still isn't working. I don't get it. Is anyone else having this issue? Received text messages will not vibrate unless in the SMS app or if the phone is locked.

So since the file silent six uploaded didn't work I restored (for the second time for the same problem!) and it worked just fine once restored. However, at some point while installing Cydia apps it stopped working. Obviously there is some app causing issue with this files, I just don't know which it is. I'll report back if I discover anything.
    Last edited by iamjamieq; 2010-10-12 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I finally found the culprit for the vibration disappearing issue. Quick Reply for SMS somehow disables the vibration when receiving a text and the phone isn't locked or in the SMS app. Now I'm not sure if I want to keep using it or not.

I have it modded(On 4.1 iPhone 3G) to last for 1 second. It took a couple reboots for it to work for me.
    iPhone 3G 4.2.1 - iPod touch 3G 5.0 Beta 1
    Windows 7 - OS X 10.5.6

Quote Originally Posted by iamjamieq View Post
    I finally found the culprit for the vibration disappearing issue. Quick Reply for SMS somehow disables the vibration when receiving a text and the phone isn't locked or in the SMS app. Now I'm not sure if I want to keep using it or not.
    there are a lot of bugs in quickreply when you try to use it with an iphone 4..and no planned updates as stated in cydia

I've noticed that. After I discovered which app was causing the problem I looked up Quick Reply. Its very upsetting as it is an invaluable tweak, and I really hope someone either fixes the bugs, or writes a similar tweak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I would like to get more vibs for sms, could you please post the content of the modded plist?
    thx!
    Last edited by enono; 2010-11-05 at 11:19 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enono View Post
    I would like to get more vibs for sms, could you please post the content of the modded plist?
    thx!
    Here's mine. I have 3 longer vibrations set for new text messages, and 2 slightly long vibrations set for everything else.

You can edit around whatever you want in it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GasAddict For This Useful Post:

rainman99 (2010-12-23)

Thanks GasAddict, looked a long time for such patch. Works perfectly for me iP4 4.1
    Last edited by rainman99; 2010-12-23 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Change

I'm having the same problem. I changed my SystemSoundBehavior and my SystemSoundVibrationPatterns trying to get haptic support, but now my SMS won't make any sounds or vibrate unless, like you, I'm in the SMS application. I'm using BiteSMS, if that makes any difference.
    Anyone know the problem?

My iphone 3g's vibration aint working at all........i m running on os 4.2.1.......i opened my iphone to check if there is any hardware problem.....but the vibration motor is totally fyn.....any help guys.....(((((