Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cant disable multitasking?

Thanks

Add this repo SiNfuL iPhone Repo and install Disable multitasking

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    All that you need to do, OP, is change the activator setting for multifl0w to open on doublepress home button. Not sure I see why anything more needs to be done.
    because that doesnt turn it off that just changes button task. the programs will still run in the background. to test that theory.
    run something like slacker radio. if its still playing when you hit the home button then its still running. to fully disable it you need to edit the plist.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R6junkie View Post
    because that doesnt turn it off that just changes button task. the programs will still run in the background. to test that theory.
    run something like slacker radio. if its still playing when you hit the home button then its still running. to fully disable it you need to edit the plist.
    Again, the OP never said he was using backgrounder, but that he is using multifl0w. If you use multifl0w while disabling native multitasking and don't use backgrounder you are essentially rendering the application useless. Where is the confusion in all of this?

Again, the OP never said he was using backgrounder, but that he is using multifl0w. If you use multifl0w while disabling native multitasking and don't use backgrounder you are essentially rendering the application useless. Where is the confusion in all of this?
    dude where are you getting this brackgrounder (app) sh!t? he wants to DISABLE the native multitasking and use multiflow. but he needs to edit his plist to do so.(disable native multitasking)
    no one said he was using the backgrounder app.
    the other poster was referring to multiflow as his back grounding tool of choice. which happens to be multiflow.

Quote Originally Posted by liamwalsh21 View Post
    Hi i need to disable multitasking on my iphone 4 as i now have multifl0w and it works ok. I have installed the disable multitasking from cydia and it still comes up. I have edited the plist file and it still comes up when i double click the home button. Any ideas?
    for clarfacation highlighted.

to the OP how did you go about editing you plst.
    when I did mine I had to safe it in to my desktop, edit it, then copy back to the springboard folder for it to take.
    if you edit it straight in the folder it does not save for some reason.
    Last edited by R6junkie; 2010-10-01 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

dude where are you getting this brackgrounder (app) sh!t? he wants to DISABLE the native multitasking and use multiflow. but he needs to edit his plist to do so.(disable native multitasking)
    the other poster was referring to multiflow as his back grounding tool of choice. which happens to be multiflow.

"Dude," Multifl0w does not background anything or allow multitasking at all. Multifl0w is an ALTERNATIVE UI for your preferred means of multitasking. In order for it to be usable you MUST do one of the following:

Keep the native multitasking - it works great with Multifl0w. This is my choice for my i4
    Disable the native multitasking and install backgrounder - IMHO this is the worst option as it is (almost always) the most resource hogging and battery draining of the options.
    Install backgrounder and use it alongside the native multitasking - Multifl0w has an option for it to determine if the app has native backgrounding coded into it or not. If it does, then it is backgrounded like normal. If it does not, then backgrounded for it is enabled via backgrounder.

This is why I've been bringing up backgrounder. The OP made no mention of using it, therefore it must be assumed that he only has native multitasking. If this is the case then multifl0w is essentially rendered useless if you disable multitasking in the plist.

multifl0w - an iPhone multitasking interface

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

R6junkie (2010-10-01)

"Dude," Multifl0w does not background anything or allow multitasking at all. Multifl0w is an ALTERNATIVE UI for your preferred means of multitasking. In order for it to be usable you MUST do one of the following:

Keep the native multitasking - it works great with Multifl0w. This is my choice for my i4
    Disable the native multitasking and install backgrounder - IMHO this is the worst option as it is (almost always) the most resource hogging and battery draining of the options.
    Install backgrounder and use it alongside the native multitasking - Multifl0w has an option for it to determine if the app has native backgrounding coded into it or not. If it does, then it is backgrounded like normal. If it does not, then backgrounded for it is enabled via backgrounder.

This is why I've been bringing up backgrounder. The OP made no mention of using it, therefore it must be assumed that he only has native multitasking. If this is the case then multifl0w is essentially rendered useless if you disable multitasking in the plist.

multifl0w - an iPhone multitasking interface
    thanks for enlighten me. I was mis reading your post as I thought you mis reading all the others. this post is a lot more clearer to understand than your previous post. also I dont use multiflow so I thought it was another back ground app. no I didnt research it apparently. looking at your post count and other things I figured you knew your sh!t but I thought you was confused on what every one was saying, when I was confused on what you was saying. thanks for the post

8. The Following User Says Thank You to R6junkie For This Useful Post:

mortopher (2010-10-01)

Thanks

No worries at all.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eddietah View Post
    Add this repo *************** and install Disable multitasking
    this repo has cracked apps and is not allowed to be talked about on here

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

for clarfacation highlighted.

to the OP how did you go about editing you plst.
    when I did mine I had to safe it in to my desktop, edit it, then copy back to the springboard folder for it to take.
    if you edit it straight in the folder it does not save for some reason.
    Multifl0w is just a GUI to be used WITH backgrounder, it doesn't do the backgrounding itself

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12