Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there a way to get a FaceTime "Button"?

Default Is there a way to get a FaceTime "Button"?
    I have a jalibroken iPhone4, I don't have service on it (2gbs a month? seriously?) anyways I can't use FaceTime anymore, I've did some research and found out that FaceTime on iPhone needs a number, where the iTouch only needs a email...

Does anyone know of a way to get a FaceTime Button? Cydia? another way?

I remember ALONG time ago you could've gotten iPhone apps on a iTouch (lol 1st gen?) is it possible to do that now but reversed?

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

type
    Code:
    facetime://
    in safari...
    make that as a link will automatically start facetime..

adding
    Code:
     facetime://<persons number>
    will call that person

only problem with this... not sure how to add it as a bookmark, especially as a SB icon.. looking in to it
    Last edited by seann33uk; 2010-09-27 at 08:41 PM.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

good tip,

p.s. could of at least smiled lol

Like A Boss

Thanks

lmao. i wasnt actually expecting my face to be on the screen when i did a SS
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

lolz I can make face time calls from the phone app, it needs a phone number for some reason, i dont have a phone number cause i have no service (i tried what u said and it still says facetime failed)

There is no way to get a face time button that uses email like the new itouch?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJ NiveK View Post
    lolz I can make face time calls from the phone app, it needs a phone number for some reason, i dont have a phone number cause i have no service (i tried what u said and it still says facetime failed)

There is no way to get a face time button that uses email like the new itouch?
    You need a number as it Is still a phone call. But then you use wifi (supposedly High speed and continuous) to have the video; cam-to-cam.
    Don't get the email bit?
    If you type the ' facetime://number ' in to a text, email, safari; it will make it a link that will then open facetime upon clicking.

Still working out how to make it a homepage quick link. I've seen it done, I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

D: Never mind, what ever im trying it says Facetime failed ):

Thanks

Update:
    Using an app from the store call 'stylebox' (a rather messy app but been through a few and it's only one that seemed to work) you can 'design' an icon using it's stupid system.
    Once ur satisfied click to "transform" and again to "add function"
    Chose the globe (safari link)
    And then as I said "facetime://number" as the URL (remove the http stuff)
    hit "create icon" watch it open safari.
    Hit add to homepage as told.
    Done

Ps. If anyone realises this can be used as a non jb method of page jumps and multiple links to apps

Eg. "Modmyi://" would open up modmyi app and creating a few icons using above method means u can then put it on each page.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by metaljay View Post
    good tip,

p.s. could of at least smiled lol
    Could've picked a correct way to spell could have.
    Hint: I just gave you two.

lol

It doesn't matter if u make the button, because that's all you'll have, just a button. It doesn't mean FaceTime is activated, you'll just get the "FaceTime failed" message

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    It doesn't matter if u make the button, because that's all you'll have, just a button. It doesn't mean FaceTime is activated, you'll just get the "FaceTime failed" message

Exactly, but the iPod touch doesn't need a phone number, but I guess there's no way to get the face time app for the iphone huh? D:

The iPod activates in a different way (with email) and as of now it is not possible to get the iPhone to activate in the same way. But that's probably because no one has tried to do it since the iPod hasn't been jailbroken yet. Once the jailbreak is released, I'm sure dev's will try it to port it over to the iphone