Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom keyboards?

Default Custom keyboards?
    I've been googling the hell out of this and the only thing that shows up is the 5 row qwerty.

What I'm looking for is a way to increase the space between the top row of the keyboard and the text area.

What I find is the biggest problem(for me) when typing is my thumb will strike a little to high and I'll tap in the text window instead of hitting the letter I'm aiming for and the cursor will move and all of a sudden I'm typing in the middle of a sentence.

I'm not sure why tapping moves the cursor anyhow as the tap and hold seems like a better and more accurate method of moving the cursor, but I digress.

Anyone know any tweaks to help my accuracy impaired thumbs?

Default keyboard themes
    i miss keyboard themes, must be possible without iacces, I hope..
    anyway.. search for itypfastR , should be in cydia, I think there are a few setups that might help you. Its in cydia not sure if its working on 4.0
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

I have never had you problem, my most common mistake is sometimes pressing n instead of space :/
    But iAcces (in cydia) allows FULL keyboard theming, by full I mean you can even change how the keyboard is mapped (code wise) so the images will show up where you want them and still be clickable. If your not amazing at progging then it may be tedious, but it certainly isnt rocket science and any amateur *should* be able to look at the code and understand it pretty simply
    P.S. After saying all that, I havnt used it since 3.x so I dno if the boards are still mapped out using the same (editable/readable) code. However I can't imagine them changing it to something that can't be simply opened and edited so you SHOULD b in luck

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol jus read that back it sounds real complicated but trust me it isn't

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Thx I'll check those out.

The 'n' instead of 'space' is my second most common mishap.

[EDIT]
    neither of those solutions seem to work past iOS 3.1, that's unfortunate they both seemed like a viable solution, but not worth downgrading for. I'll double check again however I'm currently unjailbreaked on my 3G waiting for PC version of redsn0w.
    [\EDIT]