Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia's Data Blocker not working?

Default Cydia's Data Blocker not working?
    Hello all,

Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong area/forum. I've got a jailbroken iPhone 2G that I'm using on the MTS network in Russia. It's been draining my prepaid account, since it keeps connecting to the internet by itself several times a day, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. I've tried installing Data Blocker in Cydia, and it worked for awhile - but for some reason, it mysteriously stopped working shortly thereafter, although Cydia is telling me that it's still installed and running.

Anything I can do to fix the program, or any other ways to stop the phone from connecting by itself?

Thanks so much in advance, everyone!

hi, i had this issue on my sisters 2G, payg was getting taken all the time by edge or gprs

i tried data blocker, that didnt work, then i went here via this link (My Iphone Blog: Disable Iphone Data/Edge (2G Iphone)) and downloaded the apn settings that are supposed to disable it, it installed fine, but it didnt work for me, so i uninstalled it and struggled on

i reinstalled it a few days later, and it seemed to work/stick this time

but really, the trick is, that when the apn fields are left blank some networks interpret this as ok, and then auto connect, so the basics are that what i got to finally work solidly and consistenttly for 2 weeks now, is simply fill in each field with whatever you like, i used disable for each entry, now its fine

HTH
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bascourus View Post
    Hello all,

Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong area/forum. I've got a jailbroken iPhone 2G that I'm using on the MTS network in Russia. It's been draining my prepaid account, since it keeps connecting to the internet by itself several times a day, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. I've tried installing Data Blocker in Cydia, and it worked for awhile - but for some reason, it mysteriously stopped working shortly thereafter, although Cydia is telling me that it's still installed and running.

Anything I can do to fix the program, or any other ways to stop the phone from connecting by itself?

Thanks so much in advance, everyone!
    There are several measures you can take against your iPhone using data.

Download SBSettings and make sure that the data toggle is off. There is also a Cydia tweak that you can download which can make it so that data is always toggled off, even when you start off your phone.

You can go to iPhone No Data and download their fake APN settings.

If you are on iOS4, I believe there is a setting under Network Settings which allows you to turn off data. I'm not quite sure though since I'm on 3.1.3 and I've only heard from others about this.