Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Accidentally Deleted file in IFILE

Unhappy Accidentally Deleted file in IFILE
    I downloaded winterboard and like an idiot didn't disconnect my phone because I was charging it. Well I was able to download a springboard wallpaper but then I couldn't get the lock screen image to change. Turns out that it was probably cuz when it's connected the image doesn't show!

Well retarded me kept going and followed a youtube video about changing it and in the ended up changing the lockscreen.png file or something and then I freaked so deleted it. I restored the phone. I got the image as my lockscreen image and can use it as a springboard image as well. But now I can't change the springboard image to anything other than the one that is one there or just plain black.

I want to know how if there is any way to get it back to the way it was before I messed it all up. Please help, I'm not as smart as I thought I was Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

What phone? What iOS? What specific file(s) got deleted?

sorry. I have a first generation iphone. system 3.1 whichever is the latest. I'm not completely sure what file. I just remember it was in the var then mobile, library, themes I believe and then all the way down. I got through it through the ifile app the video said to d/l. Then I copied and pasted the image to lockscreentheme.png I know lockscreen for sure. Anyways, at first it was a jpg file but then he said to change it to png. I did at of course the stupid thing worked for the lock screen but now I can't modify the dang springboard wallpaper.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

unfortunately that's the only version of the iPhone I don't have access to anymore.

Best bet, and safest, is to just restore the phone and start over. It's a pain but you'll end up spending much less time working on it in the end.

For future reference though, if you go into the settings page in iFile there is an option to use a trash/recycle bin just like on your computer. I learned the importance of it making mistakes just like this one. I personally think it the trash bin should be enabled by default, but oh well. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

Well thanks I appreciate the effort nonetheless!

I did restore and it works nothings wrong with it I just wanted my girly wallpaper Lol. Next time I"ll remember what they say, " a little knowledge can be dangerous."

The themes folder is only for winterboard..you could've just re-installed winterboard along with all the themes instead of a restore..

I tried that and it still does not allow for me to change the springboard to anything else and the lock screen image won't change either no matter if I pick another wallpaper.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

And this happens with every theme youve downloaded?

Then u mustve done something different..maybe u forgot to re-install or disable all themes...btw what the heck is h town =p

it's not even themes just a regular pic I wanted to put on.

Lmao it's Houston waleed. Yeah I just totally renamed a main file I guess :-(
    Last edited by HtOwNcHiCaNa; 2010-09-15 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost