Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Linking to pics from icons (for example)

Default Linking to pics from icons (for example)
    Nothing too extreme in terms of modding, but i was just wondering if it was possible to create an icon on the iphone's "desktop" area (for lack of a better word) where all my other apps icons appear.

I'd want to make a new icon that simply linked to, say, a picture. It'd be useful in many ways - such as i want to put my university timetable on my iphone, but instead of wasting money buying apps to do this, and ending up with an app you're not happy with, i'd like to just draw a nice simple timetable, save it as a .jpg, and then be able to press an icon on my iphone which loads the picture straight up. Et voila, my very own efficient/simple/happiness guaranteed timetable solution.

But is it possible?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, if you have a mac this can be done using very simple code (all you will have to do is get it to fetch and then display the image you want)
    As for a better word for iPhones desktop, Springboard is it's "official" name

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iNT3Rv3NTiONZz For This Useful Post:

bobdole3141 (2010-09-12)

Springboard, of course, lol.

However, i don't have a mac - is there any other way?

Thanks

Err easiest and cheapest way is to get a virtual machine in your pc (VMware) and then "aquire" MAC OS X, you can then run MAC in VM and download xCode like that
    Otherwise you can buy dragonfireSDK which allows C/C++ programming of iPhone apps on windows (costs like 100) I believe they are the only choices you have
    PS. If you make an app either of these ways you will only be able to run them on a jailbroken app with appsync installed, unless you submit it to the AppStore lol but there is no way an app consisting of soneones timetable will b accepted lol

I meant to say jailbroken DEVICE with appsync installed, you need appsync because this allows for apps to be synced which have not been signed by apple e.g. Any app which isn't on the app store
    Last edited by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz; 2010-09-12 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Seems like a lot of hassle for just putting a picture link on the springboard! I guess the short answer for me is "not possible"

Thanks

pretty much, i used to use a timetable app which was free and that was fine for what i wanted, it called easy time table in appstore btw

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iNT3Rv3NTiONZz For This Useful Post:

bobdole3141 (2010-09-12)

I'll check that one!