Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS_iSn0w - Update iOS 4. Make your iPhone or iPod unique.

trust me, if your stuff is any good, it'll "spread" in cydia rofl

also, you're just removing some daemons, any of us could do this stuff! And yes, redsn0w may be broken a little.

MobileSubstrate is not slow; it's a support library of sorts. Lets you run code in place of Apple's. Winterboard isn't slow either; it's the majority of SummerBoard themes that are slow. It's a common and stupid misconception, like all of those "jailbreak sucks battery" claims. Get your facts straight. I wouldn't trust your software if it's not running on a safe or secure platform, like MobileSubstrate.

p.s. The iPhone 3G is old and (obvious but you wouldn't notice) slow hardware. It's slow on iOS4 to begin with; it can't even operate Spotlight properly. Unless you're some kind of miracle maker, I doubt iOS_snow will be little more than bloatware.
    Last edited by whatisiphone; 2010-09-12 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't spread OS_iSn0w in Cydia, because of rather great volume of a packet.

OS_iSn0w Accelerates operation not only removal Deamons.

MobileSubstrate is not slow;
    If you on iPhone 3G use about 7 connected libraries that operation will be decelerated, too most and with Winterboard, looking what subjects use.

I doubt iOS_snow will be little more than bloatware.
    You aren't right. If to compare iPhone 3G at included MT and wallpaper with OS_iSn0w and without it, iPhone 3G with OS_iSn0w faster.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the safest option for anyone with a 3G is to go to 4.1, it feels like when I was on 3.x again! Since I've had my i4 I almost never touchd my 3G but now if I'm just checking my emails or something then it doesn't really bother me which one I pick up
    And yes redsn0w has some problems, but I dont use it as a phine so the phone app not being doesn't bother me, the only thing that does is the major glitch it creates in WiFi

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iNT3Rv3NTiONZz For This Useful Post:

whatisiphone (2010-09-12)

So I think I got the idea here:

OS_iSn0w is supposed to remove daemons and 'optimize' sounds and images, and give you a little more RAM so multitasking and wallpaper runs more smoothly.

The only problem is, why isn't it being implemented in a safe way (like mobilesubstrate) and distributed to the public?

MobileSubstrate isn't slow; iPhone 3G is slow (This is what OS_iSn0w supposedly makes up for
    ). MobileSubstrate extentions usually run better on a newer devices, and I would trust Apple to create a firmware that the 3G can run efficiently on.

If OS_iSn0w is a package under, say 8mb, then it's not too massive to be submitted to Cydia. (Also, do you have any video demos? I'd love to see your product in action.)
    Last edited by whatisiphone; 2010-09-12 at 09:45 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do you understand everything correctly. However, the entire archive of 18Mb, and in normal condition 65Mb, and this is quite problematic.

Method of installation (a simple copy), really is not safe, but I before the Product Update, a thoroughly tested product at the different versions iOS and different use cases. So if it comes up OS_iSn0w on the iPhone, then there can be no worry.

Provide a video for comparison, I can not. But if you do not believe my words, it can somebody from the board confirmed.

To compare how realistic OS_iSn0w faster than an iOS, be on the device with OS_iSn0w off MT and wallpapers and settings include "Acceleration" to 512Mb. And then do not forget to reboot the iPhone.
    ------------------
    Here, if who that wants to carry out the test, but doesn't want to switch off MT manually.
    Archive contents to copy in root section.

It is required only iPhone 3G with OS_iSn0w.

In archive two files, the first Switches off MT and wallpaper, the second establishes "Acceleration" on 512Mb
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by iSn0w; 2010-09-12 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks

What is this acceleration thing u speak of? And what is this 512mb you speak of?

Blackra1ned

you're accelerating the iPhone 3G's ram to 512mb? Is that safe? Or even possible?

also, no video demos? I'm starting to wonder if this is for real.

the zip contains a modified N82AP.plist and com.apple.vm.plist. Care to inform how this...does anything? maybe some screenshots? if all it takes is two modified system files, and it actually works, then WHY IS IT NOT ON CYDIA
    Last edited by whatisiphone; 2010-09-13 at 01:01 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

And what is this 512mb you speak of?
    This is the size of swap file. If is the 512, it is super speed is not willing, but the effect will be a good

Videos can not provide, because in my possession iPhone 3G only one.

File from the archive N82AP.plist is the original files are taken from iOS, it is off MT and wallpaper for testing speed. File com.apple.vm.plist only includes set "Acceleration" to 512Mb.

Lol the Russian sometimes speaks in horrible English and when you ask him to explain something, he uses perfect English. Lol this post is a joke!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Difficult to use an interpreter, even if it is online, sometimes you can not understand what you want to learn from.

iSnow:
    "Provide a video for comparison, I can not. But if you do not believe my words, it can somebody from the board confirmed."

lol sounded like something Yoda would say.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

bad translation, the idea was that someone from the forum has already established OS_iSn0w.

This post went from talking about "OS_iSn0w" to talking about this guys English lol.

lol it's half Russian/half Yoda

iPhone? More like MyPhone RobberBoy's Avatar
    Thanks

might be interested to test if its gonna beat my current iphone speed providing some1 tested it and proof it.. cheers.. im on 3G 3.1.3.. never and never will update to 4.0 onwards..

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Сделать видео за этот показывает, что каждый шаг.

Thanks

I still don't understand this acceleration thing, there is no way the 3g can hit 512, even if it could it would majorly decrease the life of the chip simply because it's made for like 100mb lol

Blackra1ned

I come from a land down under (Australia)
    Thanks

haha this thread is funny. No way im ever using this! never ever ever!
    Can I play with madness?
    Follow me on twitter
    If you like what I say, hit the button, you know which one

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

So in a sense, let me clarify and say this:
    This project, "os-isn0w" does nothing more than...
    *Reedits the system UI images, sounds to more smaller sizes Im guessing (kind of what some newer WB themes do already).....
    *Removing some daemons that are not required (so you think) to operate your iPhone...
    *Adding a swap file in the temp folders of the OS so that it seems it has more RAM (but essentially your killing your own phone slowly)...
    *Adding useless and unnecessary Russian search engines that are not usable for non-Russian users
    *Manually changing system UI & audio instead of using Winterboard (lame...No various choice available, only stuck with one) to incorporate the Android and HTC themes... [Pretty much grabbing images from those themes and replacing the system UI with it]
    *Finally, just editing some common system plist files to add features like Multitasking, Wallpapers, etc. to non iP4 devices, yet only for iP3G (something any1 with an iP3G can do via the various system tweaks available on Cydia already)....

It seems all you did, was compiled everything to one big so-called 65-70MB "OS" with the user having to manually replace features from your "isn0w"...and you expect it to free more RAM, but what about the space in general (capacity) and the battery responsiveness?
    You Know You Want to Hit It...[Thanks!]

Thanks

^^^^ Lol u summed this bs up in one

Blackra1ned

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast