Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wifi sync help!!!!

Default wifi sync help!!!!
    iphone jailbreak 4.01 running itunes 10, installed wifisync on pc and iphone syncs fine. when finished always says ITUNES COULD NOT BACKUP THE IPHONE BECAUSE THE IPHONE DISCONNECTED. WHY?? CHECKED AND DISABLE DEVICE BACKUPS IS UNCHECKED.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just encountered the same issue, bug maybe? Will let you know if I find an answer/solution.

Still working on it so frustrated love this app keep you posted seems to sync fine won't back up

Green Apple
    Thanks

Also, now I get an error msg at the end of what looks like a successful sync saying that the backup failed and this is when plugged in via usb. Uhoh...

Not good try deleting app on both

Green Apple
    Thanks

deleting both enables backup again. Reinstalling breaks it again. I have emailed the developer and am in the process of searching. Will keep you posted.

found this thread, long but interesting reading in here. Wish I'd found it before downloading wifi sync. http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...ml#post5441703

I found that deleting all backups (after copying to safe place) and then resetting sync history has fixed it for now, at least it appears to be working fine at the moment.
    Last edited by Suevans; 2010-09-06 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Stopped working again. I have deleted it for now. Disappointing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    same thing is happening to me as we speak. It syncs fine but it won't backup. I've just disabled backup feature for now.
    mod edit/links removed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Installed wi-fi sync and then was unable to upgrade iPhone 3GS to iOS4.1 when connected with USB cable. Phone froze at 60% complete, had to connect to a different PC to get iPhone running again. Thought my phone was bricked at first, happy to say now on iOS4.1 and jailbroke with Limera1n. HAVE NOW REMOVED WI-FI SYNC FROM PC AND PHONE.