Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Removing Status Bar From Lockscreen

Default Removing Status Bar From Lockscreen
    Does anybody know how to remove the status bar completely from the lockscreen but still have it exist on the home screen?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Um, I removed Translucent_Base.png and used something from a theme with Background.png and StatusBar.png. It worked for me but my lockscreen pic is black, you might get a black shadow strip along the top. It might lead you to something else helpful. Also there is a transparent status bar theme available, that might help as well, if only so you can copy in the transparent png to your theme.
    Last edited by Suevans; 2010-09-04 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Wrong file name

Is it a situation where the status bar will be gone from the homescreen, as well? Cuz I would like to see nothing on the lockscreen and everything on the homescreen.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Nope, this will make it so that there is nothing on the lockscreen and a statusbar on the home screen. The only problem I had is that even though I'm using the same png as the statusbar in apps, my homescreen is darker, which makes me think there is an overlay or shadow of sorts, I have not investigated this yet. As my lockscreen has a black background this hasn't been a real issue for me. I will try changing my background and seeing if I do get a shadow line on my lockscreen.

See attached pics for how mine works. Also, remember to remove or add .bak extension to Translucent_Base.png or it won't work.

-picture-1348.png

Attachment 469175

Attachment 469174

Green Apple
    Thanks

sorry pics wouldn't attach properly.

Well then I guess it's not possible. I don't want a black status bar, I want everything (the bar PLUS all the information that normally appears at the top of the screen to be gone) but I guess that's not possible.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hmm...if I ever find a way I'll let you know. I'm trying to a find a way to mod the text in the statusbar so it may lead me to a solution to your problem as well. Sorry i couldn't be more help. I'm sure the lockscreen and springboard statusbars are linked somehow hence your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Suevans View Post
    Nope, this will make it so that there is nothing on the lockscreen and a statusbar on the home screen. The only problem I had is that even though I'm using the same png as the statusbar in apps, my homescreen is darker, which makes me think there is an overlay or shadow of sorts, I have not investigated this yet. As my lockscreen has a black background this hasn't been a real issue for me. I will try changing my background and seeing if I do get a shadow line on my lockscreen.

See attached pics for how mine works. Also, remember to remove or add .bak extension to Translucent_Base.png or it won't work.

-picture-1348.png

Attachment 469175

Attachment 469174
    How did you change the color of the status bar on your homescreen?

Got it NM

thanks
    Last edited by Miller75; 2010-09-08 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Figured it out Thanks