Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modify SBsettings WARNING text from Mobile Substrate Addons

Default Modify SBsettings WARNING text from Mobile Substrate Addons
    Hello, I want to modify if possible, the warning msg you have when you enter the mobile substrate addons from sbsettings. Everybody knows this msg because it's in red and it takes half of the iphone screen. Is there any way to take out the text and eliminate the red rectangle? Or maybe make the rectangle smaller. I am annoyed by this warining msg as I know what mobile substrate addnons do and how to use them, thus this msg is pointless to me and to all other users that know what mobile substrate addnos do.
    I have found in the settings.app and settings2.app the text that is present in the red rectangle, i have modified it but when I want to access more option from sbsettings I can't the window closes. I have modified the text in both files but the result is the same.
    Does anyone know if it is possible to modify the text and red rectangle? Any idea or suggestion is welcomed.
    Last edited by Scovik; 2010-09-04 at 11:51 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey there I would also like to know more on this, there's no strings file for sbsettings, so we can rule that out, it must be in the files inside sbsettings.app, in sbsettings, sbsettings2 or sbsettings_exec. These are compiled so were gunna need to contact the dev and see if he will add an option to remove the warning once it's been read, do you know his email address?

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Thanks

EDIT: I found the string, I found it in sbsettings2, I imagine there is one in sbsettings as well. Ok so the sbsettings_exec file does a fw check and sends it to either sbsettings or sbsettings2, but I don't know which of these are called for 4.0 so I'm going to try both, I'll let you know how it goes

Blackra1ned

Thanks

Lol it's a pretty big file and my poor old 3G is having trouble pulling up the keyboard when I try and edit it in iFile, I'm gna have to do it off my PC in a bit, I do believe this is going to work tho

Blackra1ned

Thanks

Ok so doing on pc has messed up all the returns in the file, causing an to crash as soon as I tap "more"
    My 3G doesn't have the power to bring up the keyboard whilst in ifile, is there any chance you can do this and send me the file? All you need to do is go in the sbsettings file (not sbsettings2!) and use iFiles search feature to look for "warning" it will be the 3rd or 4th one in, once you see the appropriate text delete it, leaving the fullstop which is at the very end of it.. Remember to backup the original file and please, if it works send me the file

Blackra1ned

important: have you read this warning?
    I was wondering how to remove this as well, maybe its just a graphic?
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

Well first of all I tried this and when I accessed more from sbsettings the app crashed and send me back to the springboard.
    The second issue is that you have to modify and delete the text from both files because it will conflict with one another. I know this because I modified resources from a map in Field Runners game and I had the same issue, I had to modify both map files for the desired effect.
    I also have a 3G but I have no problem in opening and editing the file, maybe you should do a restore. I will try to modify the files again and if it works I will post the steps here.

LE : I modified the file just as you said but it didn't work, I then modified the other file but the same thing happens, when I access more, the app crashes and sends me to springboard. I presume that when I delete the text, other things are modified as well because of the new page alignment.

OK, so I changed the text to see what happens and I used capslock for a few words but the app still crashes, the text had the same length as the original one. I guess I'll send a mail to the developer and ask him for help or maybe suggest that you can disable this option.
    My main issue with this text is that because of it i can't disable the libhide option if needed because at the moment I have 10 addons in the substrate and as you all know only 4 can be showed at one time, if the text could be disabled then you could see 8 or 9.
    Last edited by Scovik; 2010-09-04 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks

Ok interesting, and yes my 3G needs a restore, I was going to restore anyway because I want to test out iphodroid 1shot for windows, which is a one click android installer

I sent a mail to bigboss, but so far no replay. I'm out of ideas.......