Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Disabled Multitasking on iPhone 3GS

Default Disabled Multitasking on iPhone 3GS
    Ok so I tried to disable multitasking on 3GS, but I think I edited the wrong plist file. I did the 88 instead of the 82. Now after my resprung my iphone I got the dreaded apple logo which just stays and stays.
    But my computer and itunes still recognizes the phone.
    Now I had made a backup of the original file, and I moved it back in and deleted the edited one, and again I resprung and still it continues to freeze on the logo.
    Now I'm using Windows 7, and I've tried moving in the original file using iPhoneBrowser, iFunBox and WinSCP and still it doesn't have the desired effect.
    Now with all the experience on here I'm hoping that someone could help me.
    The last thing I want to do is restore it, as apple will update me to 4.0.2 =(

Any input would be greatfully appreciated.

Thank You

Thanks

Try recboot to kick you out of the loop. Not sure if it will work for your case but it's worth a try. Assuming you're running firmware 4+, there's a Cydia package that will disable multitasking on a 3gs. Search for 'disable' in Cydia.

I've just tried recboot and no it didn't work. But thank you for suggesting it.
    Do you know what I could have done wrong? I mean I saved the original copy and just copied it back over, is there something to do with permissions? I hear something about 755 alot.

Thanks again.

Thanks

Which file and where did you mess with? I'll check the permsissions on my phone to see what they are.