Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to change icons in setting menu

Default How to change icons in setting menu
    I was wondering if there was a way to change the icons in the setting menu? I did change the messages one and that was it

Thanks

i believe the icons in the setting menu can be found in the icons' corresponding folder. Depending on which icon you want to change, it can be found in the following two locations:

1. var/stash/applications/"app name"[email protected]

2. var/mobile/applications/"annoying key number"[email protected]

A few comments on 2. The icon will change on both your springboard and settings menu.

Quote Originally Posted by rmul86 View Post
    i believe the icons in the setting menu can be found in the icons' corresponding folder. Depending on which icon you want to change, it can be found in the following two locations:

1. var/stash/applications/"app name"[email protected]

2. var/mobile/applications/"annoying key number"[email protected]

A few comments on 2. The icon will change on both your springboard and settings menu.

I have change all of my icons on my springboard by making a themes folder and SSH to winterboard. But they don't change in the setting menu page, the only one I changed was the messages icon. I found it in private/var/stash/Applications/Preferences.app

And I change the [email protected] and it worked, I tried to change the [email protected] and a bunch more and a no go on this icons and I don't know why the Messages icon work and not the others.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0071.png  

did you try the "[email protected]" file though?

Maybe the winterboard themes folder won't allow for the settings menu icons to be changed.
    Last edited by rmul86; 2010-09-01 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rmul86 For This Useful Post:

Miller75 (2010-09-02)

Quote Originally Posted by rmul86 View Post
    did you try the "[email protected]" file though?

Maybe the winterboard themes folder won't allow for the settings menu icons to be changed.
    Yes I did try the [email protected] still nothing,I also tried changing it under Preferences.App that didn't change it either, I'll keep digging