Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: automatically changing wallpapers

Default automatically changing wallpapers
    I have a lot of wallpapers/backgrounds i like to change a lot (on the lockscreen and homescreen) so i was wondering if there is something i can do to automatically change the background picture on my jailbroken iPhone 4?

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

do you have winterboard installed?

if you do, SSH into your phone and check out the "Saurik.theme" folder in with all the other themes... specifically paying attention to the the file "Wallpaper.html" and the folder "Private"

if you are familiar with HTML, it is relatively simple to see what you need to do... basically, the two images in the Private folder are alternated... Just edit the HTML file and put the desired wallpapers into the Private folder and BAM, changing wallpapers

hope it helps, if so click below (that rhymed)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PSYC0TIC ONE For This Useful Post:

BronteAlcock (2010-09-01), Newbee123 (2010-09-07)

Can you put, for example, 5 wallpapers?

yes. i had about 7 before.

I use BossPaper.
    You select a set of pictures, or entire folders of content, and it'll cycle at your selected intervals. Works great for me

Quote Originally Posted by Puntachu View Post
    I use BossPaper.
    You select a set of pictures, or entire folders of content, and it'll cycle at your selected intervals. Works great for me
    no conflicts with winterboard?

Bosspaper is great. Sack the themes there to much memory. Just go with bosspaper and something like shrink to change app aprearence.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

It's pretty simple to do using html or css if you have a theme called SilverClear, it uses I think css to flick through various images, you can then adjust it to your taste (trust me its really easy to work out what all the code does ) and add your own pics good luck! Pm me if your still clueless and ill give you a hand

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    no conflicts with winterboard?
    I'm on an i4, and it's not completely compatible on its own. I use winterboard to help it along (download and activate the blank background image). Once that was done, it works perfect for me. I SSH into the device, and add my pictures to a directory (somewhere inside the user/media/bosspapers folders) and I had it running in no time. It also works off of your camera roll or a number of other sources, but I found creating my ownpack was just easier.

works great for me

how do you edit the html file?

Quote Originally Posted by PSYC0TIC ONE View Post
    do you have winterboard installed?

if you do, SSH into your phone and check out the "Saurik.theme" folder in with all the other themes... specifically paying attention to the the file "Wallpaper.html" and the folder "Private"

if you are familiar with HTML, it is relatively simple to see what you need to do... basically, the two images in the Private folder are alternated... Just edit the HTML file and put the desired wallpapers into the Private folder and BAM, changing wallpapers

hope it helps, if so click below (that rhymed)
    how do you edit the html file?
    Last edited by candybytch; 2010-09-06 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I would think that bosspaper is harder on resources then running a wallpaper.HTML.
    One reason I haven't reinstalled it in my ip4, use to use it sometimes on my 3gs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dude just use Boss Paper if you don't know how to code... That's literally the entire purpose of the app so put it to use already! It won't conflict with your Winterboard, Firmware, or anything else... Just try it and I think you'll like it. I don't even use it myself anymore, but I've tried it and it works perfectly in my experience... Hope that helps! :-)