Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: problem with my iphone, anyones help appriciated......

Default problem with my iphone, anyones help appriciated......
    hey guys im new to the posting thing and have a problem with my iphone and dont know where to post what i have to say.
    in any case i deleted 3 files from my iphone hoping it would fix my youtube on my jailbroken phone but before saving the files i deleted them and i know it was my mistake, the 3 files were located in private/var/root/library/lockdown. i have installed other 3 files from a mates iphone but still in itunes on my laptop its coming up with an error message saying itunes cannot identify my device with itunes,
    is there any way of fixing this after i made the mistake of deleting my iphojne files which seemed to be my iphone recognition files for itunes and if i was to put my iphone into dfu and restore it would it be basically like starting 'my' iphone from start??????( as in if i restored it would itunes notice it as my iphone and reinstall everything i had on it???
    any help would be really appreciated..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

DFU restore and rejailbreak.

Default help i need some body; help; not just anybody. lol
    will that defo work now and i wont lose anything and the iphone will still be mine as such???
    p.s. dont mind the heading i was just in a funny humour.lol

i am getting an error message when trying to restore the iphone to 4.0 saying ' an unknown error occurred (3194)
    anyone know away around this??
    Last edited by fitz1985; 2010-08-23 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Do you have WiFi sync installed?

It's safe to restore if you have SHSH for your firmware.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sorry for you problems bro …

First thing everyone here will need to know (as already mentioned) is if you have your SHSH backed up with Cydia. If you don’t know what that is then think hard, really hard and remember if you pressed “make my life easy” in Cydia when you first installed it. If you did not, then you may be out of luck bro L

If so, than you will have to trick iTunes into thinking that its talking with apple when you do the restore. Reason for this is because Apple signs their software so you won’t be able to downgrade through official way.

Follow these instructions: Downgrade iOS 4.0.2 to iOS 4.0.1 / 4.0 iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie