Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wallpaper Dimmed

Default Wallpaper Dimmed
    I've noticed that the phone dims wallpaper toward the dock to make the dock pop more. Is there any way to prevent this? I do not have DIM WALLPAPER selected in winterboard, either. It just seems to automatically dim any wallpaper I put on it.

You got auto brightness enabled? If so turn it off and see if it makes a difference.

That has nothing to do with it. The screen itself doesn't dim. It makes it look like a gradient is applied to the wallpaper, nothing to do with the screen. I even went and found a perfectly white image and it goes from bright white on top and slowly gets grayer and grayer as the wallpaper goes down once it's applied to my wallpaper.

I don't think you'll be able to change that.

My guess is there is a mask involved. You should be able to delete the mask. I have not noticed that on my Iphone 4. Is it just part of a theme you are using? Did you try Transparent Dock?

I do have a transparent dock already, nothing changed. I just went back to the normal theme, the one built into the phone and it still does it. Try it, take a completely white image and the moment you try to make it a wallpaper, it'll suddenly have a gradient grey to white toward the top.

I NEED TO FIX THIS!

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a png image, I think its in system/library/coreservices/springboard and it called something like backgroundshade or wallpapershadow, something like that search for a thread called ios4 theming tips if u can't find it

I found Wallpapergradient within the folder you showed me. I don't know what to do, though. I tried to open it in photoshop to edit it and it won't let me. I then tried to delete those particular files and it said that it cannot be undone. I've backed them up on my computer, but I'm still afraid that deleting them will destroy something so I didn't do it.

Any ideas?

I created a Winterboard theme that gets rid of the wallpaper gradient. Just extract the folder into your Winterboard themes folder and enable in Winterboard.

Remove Wallpaper Gradient

Smoker, which folder are you referring to, exactly? I found the springboard folder has 4 files that say something about the gradient in them. Do I just delete those?

No, don't delete them!

You can rename [email protected] to something like [email protected]_BACKUP.

The best option, however, is to install Winterboard and use the theme I linked to. That way you're not messing with any system files and it's much easier to toggle the effect on and off.

You would copy the theme folder I provided to /Library/Themes/ (if you have Winterboard installed).

Quote Originally Posted by okc_smoker View Post
    No, don't delete them!

You can rename [email protected] to something like [email protected]_BACKUP.

The best option, however, is to install Winterboard and use the theme I linked to. That way you're not messing with any system files and it's much easier to toggle the effect on and off.

You would copy the theme folder I provided to /Library/Themes/ (if you have Winterboard installed).
    I tried to find wallpapergradientportraitfull and I was unable. The files that are in my SPRINGBOARD folder are something like wallpapergradientportraitbottomT and wallpapergradientportraittopt. I cannot find a FULL.

And I downloaded your theme, used it, and nothing happened.

Are you using an iPhone 4 or 3/3GS?

Well then I'm fresh out of ideas. Sorry!

I appreciate your help. Does anybody else have any ideas? Please help!!!!

Thanks

I don't get y ur having so much trouble, all you need to do is create a transparent image that's the correct size, rename it to the correct name, dump it in the correct directory replacing the old image, and respring

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    I don't get y ur having so much trouble, all you need to do is create a transparent image that's the correct size, rename it to the correct name, dump it in the correct directory replacing the old image, and respring
    Wait, that's all I have to do?!

Thanks

Yes!... Ok so I havnt tested it, but on my 3G I swapped foldericonbg, iconshadow etc. With my own images and it works fine so yes go for it

Mine is now doing this same thing since I restored and jail broke it again using greenpoison. I never had this issue before.

It is dimming my wallpapers down as soon as I select to use them for wallpaper in the settings. I can actually watch it dim it from the camera roll pic. Very annoying.