Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: usr-lib-apt-methods cydia files needed

Default usr-lib-apt-methods cydia files needed
    i accidently deleted all the files in 'methods' and can't use cydia properly now. you can find them in usr-lib-apt-methods

can anyone send me the files that are supposed to be in this section please?

its for my iphone 4 on 4.0.1

many thanks
    Last edited by TSB1; 2010-08-21 at 12:31 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

As long as your not jbed using jailbreakme then you can run redsnow and uncheck all boxes except "install cydia" this will install it fresh onto your device

thanks for ur reply.

unfortunately i used jailbreakme.com so i can't recover the files using that method.

i managed to find all the cydia directory files online but they were from old jailbreaks so cydia doesnt accept them at all now.
    all i need are the actual/most recent files from cydia/jailbreakme.com found in ''usr-lib-apt-methods'' so i can add them again, using my computer/ssh to transfer them...

if u dont mind directing me to the cydia files online or even copy the cydia files (that i need) from ur device n send me them, id be very grateful.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll try what directory are the files in?
    And how unusable is cydia? If you can install rock then you can uninstall and then reinstall cydia that will fix your problem. Or if you can go to rockyourphone.com I think you can get a .deb file and then go ahead and install it using ifile or ssh

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    I'll try what directory are the files in?
    And how unusable is cydia? If you can install rock then you can uninstall and then reinstall cydia that will fix your problem. Or if you can go to rockyourphone.com I think you can get a .deb file and then go ahead and install it using ifile or ssh
    it didn't work...
    cydia doesn't work at all, it can't fetch the files because i deleted the methods accidently which are needed to open cydia...
    the files that i need are in /usr/lib/apt/methods - there should be 11 or 12 files in this folder...i use ifile to search the folders so try do the same if u need to on the iphone.
    if you can email me them thatd be great. let me know.

thanks for ur help.