Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has anyone been able to change their boot logo?

Thanks
    Arrow Has anyone been able to change their boot logo?
    Just curious, I realize that I jumped on the jail-break bandwagon a bit too late to do this, but I was just wondering if anyone has been able to do this w/their 3GS? I have one w/the new bootrom.

If anyone could point me in the right direction as to where to find the file and I can take it from there. I'm so sick and tired of looking at this logo, it's ridiculous.

Green Apple
    Thanks

As far as I know in my limited understanding (and please correct any misinformation those of you who know more than me) if you jailbroke with jailbreakme you can't change your boot logo. This is because it's a userland jailbreak. If you jailbroke with pwnage 4.0 or 4.0.1 you will have a pawned pineapple logo at boot.

There is some information about flashing the NOR? Sorry, have been overloaded with information recently so it's hard to keep it all straight. As I understand it, you can do it when installing custom firmware and there is an option somewhere to change it. I'm not sure as I took the standard options when jb'ing my partners iphone because I knew nothing about it at that point. And I had to jb with jailbreakme because I was previously unjailbroken and have a 3GS new bootrom.

There is a really good thread on this somewhere, I believe it's in the modmyi website but I can't remember where I saw it. Keep searching and you'll find the explanation. I'll see if I can find it for you and post the link.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rmul86 For This Useful Post:

Pain55 (2010-08-20)

Sn0wbreeze has the option for custom boot logo.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^ it does nothing

it is virtually impossible to change the boot logo other than with pwnage tool or snowbreeze. If you are using a userland jailbreak. Forget it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You can only change the logo if you use pwnage or sn0wbreeze to jailbreak b/c they jailbreak way down deep at the bootrom level and integrate the boot logo into the custom built firmware. Spirit and jailbreakme do the jailbreak after the phone has already booted up so there's no accessing iboot to change the logo at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    You can only change the logo if you use pwnage or sn0wbreeze to jailbreak b/c they jailbreak way down deep at the bootrom level and integrate the boot logo into the custom built firmware. Spirit and jailbreakme do the jailbreak after the phone has already booted up so there's no accessing iboot to change the logo at that point.
    I know nothing about programming so bare with me...

So you're saying you can't modify the firmware to acheive a new boot up logo?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Only phones that have the 24kpwn iBoot exploit which include the iPhone 2G, 3G, and first production run 3GS.

yup. you cant change it. its ok at least u got the jailbreak and thats more than enough its not like you are going to reboot ur phone each time just to view the logo right? Cheers!

So if we can't change our boot logo, why are there so many choices in the "boot logos download" section? (Probably a beginner question)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Because you can still change boot logos with pwn tool and sn0wbreeze. I'm on 3.1.2 still and use redsn0w which can also change your bootlogo.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to codester3388 For This Useful Post:

KBI2113 (2010-08-27)

Quote Originally Posted by codester3388 View Post
    Because you can still change boot logos with pwn tool and sn0wbreeze. I'm on 3.1.2 still and use redsn0w which can also change your bootlogo.
    Ahhhh all right, I understand it now. I'll have to look through these forums a bit more and do some research. Thanks!