Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iP4 Removing Launch Daemons

Default iP4 Removing Launch Daemons
    I was reading the other thread on this but thought I would start a iP4 thread. There is a lot of mixed info on this. I am trying to remove the lang packs and maybe some launch daemons. What have yall done thats safe?

iPhone? More like MyPhone hnic247's Avatar
    Thanks

What is your ram looking like?..y do u want to do this?

I just like to mess with my phones.

I installed DisableDaemons just now.354mb. Removed and have 355mb....

Got it done!! Thanks folks! Im running around 374mb now!
    Last edited by tankz504; 2010-08-17 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Even though the original question was answered i thought i would post here instead of a new thread. For anyone else reading this I have not disabled any daemons yet because I prefer to do it manually and am waiting for an updated os4 list. But i have removed unused languages and if anyone is using a langpack.sh to do this thru terminal I have noticed that one language is not included which is ca.lproj and I had to add it to the list. I may be using an older list though. Another thing I removed were keyboard plist and urchers as I dont use anything other than english. It has not given a boost to RAM as much as it has cut out the devices need to parse languages when loading and running apps and system files. The keyboard deletion was just my own addiction to cleaning out my device as it also does not give a boost. The things that have been noticed by doing these things have been a much smoother interface like scrolling and typing as the keys do not lag like they used to especially in cydia. Just thought i would add this as i also have a crazy desire to mess with my device.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shawnmars For This Useful Post:

32dave (2010-08-19)