Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.13 mobilesafari wanted!

Exclamation 3.13 mobilesafari wanted!
    My son accidentally deleted my mobilesafari in Ifile(already invested in iprotect)I have ipod touch 2g with 3.13 software.If anyone can SSH into their pods and grab and post it here that would be awesome.Im using Opera right now .
    or email it to me @[email protected]

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Not sure if SSHing in and re-adding the file will work, since its a default app on the phone. For instance, modding the app store's icon directly and not thru themes will disable the app permanently until phone/iPod is restored.

I am pretty sure youll have to restore.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

quber96 (2010-08-14)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think you need to just change permissions because I used my brother's Settings.app before.

Wtf are you talking about travis

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

He said you need to restore, I disagree because I think all you need to do is SSH it and change the permissions in iFile.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Not necessarily true to all stock apps. The app store is rendered completely useless once tampered with, even a fresh installation via SSH with the original backed up copy wont kick it back up. It will just crash. Im assuming Safari will do the same since it isnt just a plain settings app. I could be wrong, it never hurts to try, but truthfully speaking I do think a restore is necessary.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Not sure if SSHing in and re-adding the file will work, since its a default app on the phone. For instance, modding the app store's icon directly and not thru themes will disable the app permanently until phone/iPod is restored.

I am pretty sure youll have to restore.
    Replacing the original icons does not make it unusable, I have a 3g and any mobilesubstate causes lag so I have replaced all app icons and as many UI images as I can with custom ones and its fine

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    Replacing the original icons does not make it unusable, I have a 3g and any mobilesubstate causes lag so I have replaced all app icons and as many UI images as I can with custom ones and its fine
    Go remove your app store, and your safari, then put them back on your phone via SSH. Then let me know how that turned out.

Screenshots for proof please

Otherwise, i stand by what i said. People dont come to the forums and say they have problems after modding the app store icon and reinserting the app didnt work just for kicks.

Havin fun guys?

You should restore if safari's completely deleted...someone else's copy won't work