Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Guide] Netflix on iPhone4

Default Next step
    IP4 4.0.1 - followed the easy instructions and worked like a charm (Aug20,2010) took about 10 mins;
    next step- being able to save what your watching to the 32 gig HD... my reception at home is horiffic, thx AT&T.

Thanks for the awesome guide

Quote Originally Posted by Endorphiin View Post
    Couldn't get it to work till I set every file in the Netflix app to 755, and it worked perfectly on a 3G. Thanks everybody!
    This worked perfectly for me...Thank you so much. I was getting aggravated very quickly

BTW iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?

i just did this steps and got it working =) thanks a lot for this tutorial
    only thing i want to add is for step 8 if your on windows and using WinSCP
    make sure you go into the netflix.app folder look for netflix and change permission to 755 as i tried just changing the permission for the folder and wasn't working until i did what i just explained...cheers

by the way im on iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1

100% working here too, i used the agentfaker(dont forget to enable the netflix app in the agentfaker menu) and works good on iPhone4 4.0.1. i also hid the netflix.app icon with sbsettings and added a shortcut to my springboard for my netflix queue. common ppl hit that thanks!

I have followed the instructions and I still get the error message "can not open the requested URL" and it opens up itunes. I'm on ip4 4.0.1. Any suggestions would be great

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Some people that are having trouble may not have noticed this, like myself, but you need to access the movie listings by opening Safari and going to http://www.netflix.com. NOT BY GOING TO THE APP! The website then launches the app and plays the video.
    Last edited by Retell; 2010-08-23 at 11:50 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GranDaddyPurp's Avatar
    Thanks

Works perfectly on my iPhone. Watching Family Guy right now Thanks!
    I Take Three L's To The Head...Love, Live, Life then I'm Dead

Thanks

I'm pretty sure this will dump a lot of data. I'd hate for AT&T to invent another change to data plans (i.e. no longer grand fathered plans) because of all the movies people watch over their network. After all it would seam easy for them to find out. All they have to do is look into your browsing history to find out streams from NetFlix to a phone line with data plan for iPhone ‘only’ on it.

On the other note, this is a very cool find! I just hope it does not back fire on us!

Quote Originally Posted by hadzo View Post
    I'm pretty sure this will dump a lot of data. I'd hate for AT&T to invent another change to data plans (i.e. no longer grand fathered plans) because of all the movies people watch over their network. After all it would seam easy for them to find out. All they have to do is look into your browsing history to find out streams from NetFlix to a phone line with data plan for iPhone ‘only’ on it.

On the other note, this is a very cool find! I just hope it does not back fire on us!
    Meh...I am averaging 18gb/month streaming AirVideo over 3G while I drive to/from work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SchmilK View Post
    Meh...I am averaging 18gb/month streaming AirVideo over 3G while I drive to/from work.
    dammmmm! that's alot of data lol

Quote Originally Posted by hadzo View Post
    dammmmm! that's alot of data lol
    600 miles a week :-/
    I'm getting sick of it and running out of things to watch lol

Thanks

I feel you pain bro, for some time had just about the same ...

Great find tho!!! I'm about to try it out...

Edit*

I like your idea of replacing the Perfect Browser (which by the way is worth every 99 penny , I guess they dropped the price) icon to NetFlix one but I went one step farther and hid the NetFlix icon by editing info.plist file. To hide just add:

<key>SBAppTags</key>
    <array>
    <string>hidden</string>
    </array>

Also you can edit the Perfect browser info.plist

<key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
    <string>Browser</string>

Change browser to NetFlix, now it looks just like a real NetFlix app. Already fooled few people, lol.
    Last edited by hadzo; 2010-08-26 at 07:07 AM.

Ok i have everything working except that i cant hear the videos on my IP4's speakers i have to use headphones. Is that normal?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i3fan8760 View Post
    Ok i have everything working except that i cant hear the videos on my IP4's speakers i have to use headphones. Is that normal?
    I was just going to ask this question. I finally got it working, but had no sound. I then rebooted, and when I got the same response, I used my headphones, which isn't a big deal for me. I'm just glad I'm not too stupid to get this working. At least now I won't be whining about having to wait for the app to be released for the iPhone.

So, who regularly has used a ton of data but never heard anything from AT&T? I know with this working for me, I'll be over 5GB next month easy for sure.

how do I delete this so I can install the official iPhone netflix app??

Thanks

That is so freaking hilarious! I've been reading about modding the iPad file so it would work with the i4. I don't do it until now and the next morning the app is finally released for the iPhone?

I'm just going to uninstall the app from both iTunes and my phone and install the new one.

Thanks

^ same here, lmao!!! All in good fun I guess :-)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I cant get my phone to stop saying Netflix is already installed when im trying to install the new official iphone version. I deleted the Netflix.app folder, is there something else i am missing?

Quote Originally Posted by weeslo View Post
    I cant get my phone to stop saying Netflix is already installed when im trying to install the new official iphone version. I deleted the Netflix.app folder, is there something else i am missing?
    Delete it and reboot then install the official app

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SchmilK View Post
    Delete it and reboot then install the official app
    I said I deleted it already..lol. But thanks, I deleted the Netflix.app folder, rebooted, and still nothing.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast