Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Guide] Netflix on iPhone4

Quote Originally Posted by XavierAlucard View Post
    I did the following when setting permissions via WinSCP (see screenshot).

Check off "Set group, owner and permissions recursively."

After I did that all was good and gravy.
    I was having trouble until I tried this as well.

Thanks!

Default Netflix crashes
    Hi guys, followed steps exactly, working on my iPhone 4. Used UAfaker from cydia.

Tried on my friends 3Gs and followed the exact same steps, only when the Netflix app tries to launch (after click a play link in safari) it will crash right away with no loading screen or anything. Any ideas?

I did it all, but I'm only getting sound and no video out of this. Probably gonna try to reinstall the netflix app again.

SOLVED - Netflix update.
    Last edited by devilpupv; 2010-08-11 at 09:01 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Lightbulb How I fixed my iPhone 4
    Using PuTTY I had done the chmod -R 755 Netflix.app and when I would use Perfect Browser to launch a streaming movie, etc. it would come up with this error:

So what I did was putty in (PuTTY Link), and do this:

cd /private/var/stash/Applications/Netflix.app/
    chmod -R 755 *.*
    cd _CodeSignature/
    chmod -R 755 *.*
    cd SC_Info/
    chmod -R 755 *.*
    cd Settings.bundle/
    chmod -R 755 *.*

For whatever reason, the -R recursive setting was not working properly from the main Netflix folder, so I just told it to make everything 755 by using the *.* command. That's it.

I rebooted... then tried to run.. and boom!

I hope this helps someone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I can confirm that my User agent string is being changed to iPad for both Safari and Netflix, however I Netflix just goes to the white screen with the logo image on the top left. This is with version 1.0.0, with 1.0.4 it just shows the logo and then closes.

I did Chmod all files to 755

I've resprung and rebooted, any ideas?

I am on iPhone 4, iOS 4.0.
    Last edited by Retell; 2010-08-13 at 01:40 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    so is this completely free or do you have to have a netflix account?

My iPhone is a Part of Me headcheese's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AngelOfHavoc View Post
    so is this completely free or do you have to have a netflix account?

Quote Originally Posted by headcheese View Post
    Yes, needs a paying netflix account..minimum account is $8.95/month and you can get a free 2 weeks or 1 month depending on the day of the week...With that you can have unlimited streaming from multiple devices at once and possess 1 rental dvd at a time.

to change the perfect browser icon. Look in your netflix.app folder for Icon.png you may have to rename it so the "i" is capitalized. and copy that to the /private/var/mobile/applications/"wherever your perfect browser is installed"/perfectbrowser.app/

say yes you want to replace the icon.png file and you should be good to go.

Default other apps?
    So does anyone think this would work with something like the abc player app??

Quote Originally Posted by uhit235 View Post
    Hi guys, followed steps exactly, working on my iPhone 4. Used UAfaker from cydia.

Tried on my friends 3Gs and followed the exact same steps, only when the Netflix app tries to launch (after click a play link in safari) it will crash right away with no loading screen or anything. Any ideas?
    If you used your netflix.app it won't work. You née to used the app downloaded with your friends iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarefoods View Post
    So does anyone think this would work with something like the abc player app??

By schmilk at 2010-08-15

That's what I get :-/. Even tried useragent faker on it.
    Last edited by SchmilK; 2010-08-15 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I read somewhere that this does not work as of 4/12/10. Can anyone confirm? My iPhone is 4 running iOS 4.0.1 locks on the Netflix splash screen when Netflix loads. I have to power it off and on to get it back. I have rechecked everything.

Works fine for me
    1: extract netflix app from .ipa
    2: winscp + change permissions
    3: get user agent faker
    4: set a safari link to netflix.com

Works good just watched Joy Koi

Quote Originally Posted by colinsk View Post
    I read somewhere that this does not work as of 4/12/10. Can anyone confirm? My iPhone is 4 running iOS 4.0.1 locks on the Netflix splash screen when Netflix loads. I have to power it off and on to get it back. I have rechecked everything.
    I deleted the app files and tried again. This time it worked.

Question what the monkies?
    When the movie is loading it seems to crash and open up the browser or the app store. . .

Any thoughts??

Every now and then i'm able to watch a movie but the majority of the time it crashes and opens up the browser.

Quote Originally Posted by trey50z View Post
    i cant seem to find the Netflix for iPad app for download. Where did you dl it from?

You get it from the iTunes store. Download it from there then drag it to your desktop from the iTunes window. It should place a copy onto your desktop.

- I just did it on my 3G[S] -

Quote Originally Posted by Z3uZ View Post
    When the movie is loading it seems to crash and open up the browser or the app store. . .

Any thoughts??

Every now and then i'm able to watch a movie but the majority of the time it crashes and opens up the browser.
    SSH into your device and check the properties to see what the permissions are set to. It should be 755.
    Last edited by jdogg84; 2010-08-19 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I keep getting a "Failed To Register" message.

This worked for me a few days ago but yesterday I restored and re jailbroke and now I keep getting an error. When I use atomic browser and select a movie the netflix app pops up for maybe half a second and takes me back to my springboard. I've installed and uninstalled like 4 times...any suggestions?
    Last edited by megajuliani; 2010-08-20 at 02:10 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast