Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't change wifi logo

Default Can't change wifi logo
    I was once using a theme from cydia call "adidas one" on 3.1.3 which included a custom wifi logo. Now I am on 4.0, and I tried to use the same theme with winterboard, the wifi logo doesn't change. I tried some other custom wifi logo from cydia, but none of them work. Can someone please help me with this issue? I am a rookie, doesn't know too much of how to mod my iphone. Thanks.

Default The same issue on iPod Touch 3g
    I installed the Mushroom WiFi logo, selected it through WinterBoard and am having the same issue as OP. No custom WiFi signal.

Apple probably changed the file name of the image it uses because custom WiFi, Signal bars, & Carriers don't work with winterboard right now. If anyone knows the path to the files please let me know I'm looking in System/Library/Carrier Bundles for the ATT image right now

I've been looking for hours. there is no way (that I can see) to change your wifi or signal logo.

It looks fairly easy to change the carrier logo.

Guys, this is the new path to change WiFi, Signal Bars and Status Bar to work with winterboard in OS 4.0 and 4.0.1
    All you need to do is add the following png's to the UIImages folder under your theme with the following names:

Signal Bars:

Home Screen
    Black_0_Bars
    Black_1_Bars
    Black_2_Bars
    Black_3_Bars
    Black_4_Bars
    Black_5_Bars

App Screen
    Silver_0_Bars
    Silver_1_Bars
    Silver_2_Bars
    Silver_3_Bars
    Silver_4_Bars
    Silver_5_Bars

WiFi Bars:

Home Screen
    Black_0_WifiBars
    Black_1_WifiBars
    Black_2_WifiBars
    Black_3_WifiBars

App Screen
    Silver_0_WifiBars
    Silver_1_WifiBars
    Silver_2_WifiBars
    Silver_3_WifiBars

Status Bar:

Home Screen and LockScreen
    Translucent_Base

Some Apps Screen
    Black_Base

Other Apps like Phone, Settings... (I reccomend for this one in particular to use the default image)
    Silver_Base

Hope it helps.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Seranis For This Useful Post:

Eagle_133 (2010-08-06)

Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

i updated my smiley wifi signal logo through cydia today (was in my changes) and it changed back to the original wifi logo
    i tried the above solution,but the smiley wifi is configured the same as above-will keep trying to figure it out since i really like this theme.....
    oh, i'm on 3.1.3(maybe i shouldn't have upgraded)
    Last edited by tecpunk64; 2010-08-04 at 07:11 PM.
    myiphonerocks-doesyours?

Quote Originally Posted by Seranis View Post
    Guys, this is the new path to change WiFi, Signal Bars and Status Bar to work with winterboard in OS 4.0 and 4.0.1
    All you need to do is add the following png's to the UIImages folder under your theme with the following names:

Signal Bars:

Home Screen
    Black_0_Bars
    Black_1_Bars
    Black_2_Bars
    Black_3_Bars
    Black_4_Bars
    Black_5_Bars

App Screen
    Silver_0_Bars
    Silver_1_Bars
    Silver_2_Bars
    Silver_3_Bars
    Silver_4_Bars
    Silver_5_Bars

WiFi Bars:

Home Screen
    Black_0_WifiBars
    Black_1_WifiBars
    Black_2_WifiBars
    Black_3_WifiBars

App Screen
    Silver_0_WifiBars
    Silver_1_WifiBars
    Silver_2_WifiBars
    Silver_3_WifiBars

Status Bar:

Home Screen and LockScreen
    Translucent_Base

Some Apps Screen
    Black_Base

Other Apps like Phone, Settings... (I reccomend for this one in particular to use the default image)
    Silver_Base

Hope it helps.

Thanks, but where is the actual path that the original files are located?

I want to copy the black status bar versions and overwrite the silver status bar versions, since I made my status bar consistently black.

So, basically, I just want the white versions that go on the black status bar.

I have an iPhone 4, and they're definitely not in the Springboard folder.

I'm searching, and can't find anything at all.

I'm new to jailbreaking and I have a few questions. I'm trying to make custom wifi symbols and battery symbols I'm running 4.0 on my ipod touch so I know that the file tree is different from 3.1.3 so im trying to find the files for wifi, battery and status bar so i can just swap out the files with my modified files any help would be appreciated.

One other thing I am trying to get iacces 4 to work with 4.0 but no luck yet anyone know how fix this issue?

Can someone tell me how to name Default_CARRIER_IPOD and FSO_CARRIER_IPOD right for AT&T phones. Thanks
    Last edited by Dav 1; 2010-08-11 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blainesill View Post
    Thanks, but where is the actual path that the original files are located?

I want to copy the black status bar versions and overwrite the silver status bar versions, since I made my status bar consistently black.

So, basically, I just want the white versions that go on the black status bar.

I have an iPhone 4, and they're definitely not in the Springboard folder.

I'm searching, and can't find anything at all.
    /system/library/preference bundles/airport.settings.bundle

EDIT: its not the correct location, im still trying to find where is that UIImages located..
    Last edited by smokepsp32; 2010-08-14 at 03:22 PM.