Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.0 Mail.app on 3.1.2?

Question 4.0 Mail.app on 3.1.2?
    So I tried iOS 4.0, and found that the only thing I really liked about it was the consolidated inbox on the new mail.app. Multi-tasking sucked (compared to Cydia's backgrounder), I couldn't run StatusNotifier, couldn't get the transparent dock, live-clock, weather icons, etc, etc...

So I've decided to go another route - I'm going to try to copy the mail.app from 4.0 and rsh it into 3.1.2 and see if I can get it to work. Any one else try anything like this?

Wish me luck!

Chris
    Last edited by wernerc; 2010-07-11 at 02:50 PM.

If that works can you post that as I will then try porting game center as I want to see if that will work

Id like to know if it works will triy on my ipad as well

No luck... guess it requires more than just a copy/paste... good luck with game center!

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

hold up! did you change the string "minimumosversion"?? i think its in the info.plist and it will say 4.0, just change it to 3.0 and it may work

Quote Originally Posted by nogggin1 View Post
    If that works can you post that as I will then try porting game center as I want to see if that will work
    how did you get game center?? i cant find it on iTunes..
    Last edited by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz; 2010-07-11 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Game Center isn't actually meant to be an app but something like open feint so the only way to get it as an app was to install the 4.0 GM seed.

Thanks

Lol I have it can't tell you how on here though..
    It doesn't really work either I jus like the icon lol does anybody know when it's being released? I've heard it's gna b on android aswell

If you mean game center it was releasesd with the GM all it will take is for someone to incorporate it into their game

Thanks

i mean when are apple gna release it? and are they already letting devs incorporate it into their apps so they will b ready on release? i think this will be much better than OpenFeint..

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Debs can add it just depends on when the do.