Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable video recorder on the iPhone 3G's camera app?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default Enable video recorder on the iPhone 3G's camera app?
    I remember a thread on here that dealt with having a little switch on the camera app on the 3G which when you switch it, it switches to video recording like on the 3Gs and the iPhone 4.

Can you do that on 4.0? Also since apple started allowed video recording apps. Is the mod available yet?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoSeriouss View Post
    I remember a thread on here that dealt with having a little switch on the camera app on the 3G which when you switch it, it switches to video recording like on the 3Gs and the iPhone 4.

Can you do that on 4.0? Also since apple started allowed video recording apps. Is the mod available yet?

Thanks.
    add the the boolean video-camera and set it to true in SPringBoard.app ---->> M48(or whatever you have).plist

Thanks
    I just googled this and it said that I won't be able to take pictures or use the video camera.
    Last edited by WhySoSeriouss; 2010-07-01 at 08:44 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

i just tried this and it freezes the whole camera app, well the shutter still opens but you cant take picture or go to camera roll lol
    i would say this mod should be made but ill have my iphone4 in a couple of weeks so lol

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

The last I heard of this app was a while back
    Check in the forums, if I remember correctly we got as far as making the camera app work and the video recording, just that the video would play with a ugly green colour(basically there was no need for it), also to switch you would need to switch to video then go into your camera roll, then come back out and it would be on video recording mode, if you did not do this it would just darken the buttons and it would not allow them to be pressed.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

yes i have read that thread, it looks like they got quite stuck with going any further with it, we need a dev to help, im only good at editing what is already there lol

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

On iOS4, it's possible, but video recording still will not work, and the file name has changed, add
    <key>video-camera</key>

And set it true to the N82AP.plist ad respring, if you have precepts recorded matierial on your iPhone photo library, you can upload it to YouTube. Recording is impossible with this enabled, even with 3rd party apps.

Is it possible to enable the upload to Facebook option

If you're able to upload videos on 3GS to Facebook using the facebook app... I believe that is possible... But you will have to already have the video recorded and saved to your photos app... Try it... If it didn't work, either delete the video camera string for set to false and respring... And it's disabled

Thanks

when you enable this in the plist, the option to upload videos in the facebook app will show up. at least it did on my 3G.
    I made it ra1n...again

'Reloading Data' - Ive spent the majority of my life seeing this

I want to know has anyone got the video and camera working together without the ugly green

Thanks

no...there was a 100 page thread on this a while back.
    I made it ra1n...again

'Reloading Data' - Ive spent the majority of my life seeing this

On iOS4 (4.0) on iPhone 3G, it's not green, and it isn't able to record at all, it's hard to describe, I'll post a pic of what it looked like, but one of the Betas had it so that the 3G could record when you enabled video recording, via the N82Ap.plist. I do know of a way to still use the 4.0 betas even after their expiration date. Delete the beta string on the system.plist ad change the build to the current version. And reboot, it should turn on to home screen, after being at the beta expiration or inactivated screen.

Quote Originally Posted by pwntbywombat View Post
    when you enable this in the plist, the option to upload videos in the facebook app will show up. at least it did on my 3G.
    how did u enable it?