Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help reloading contacts from backup???

Default help reloading contacts from backup???
    I accidentally told iTunes to erase my contacts when I last synced my phone to it. I have a past backup that has the contacts in it, and I don't want to have to restore my phone, so I thought using DiskAid with BackupExtractor to put the correct address book files back on to my phone so I would have my contacts again.

I tried putting the AddressBook.sqlitedb file back on to my phone in /var/root/library/AddressBook, but it didn't update my contact list at all. I opened this same file with another program and it looks (in a very cryptic way) like it has all of the contacts in there that I need.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is there a much easier way to put all of my contacts back onto my phone? (I don't have any of them stored in my address book on my mac)

Thanks.

Ok, it looks like it actually copied the database file to my phone in its entirety, but did not update the contact list.

I thought this would be the way to do it, but apparently there is something more/different to do. Any help?

Nevermind - I had navigated to the wrong location on my phone.

For anybody in the future that has this same problem, go to /User/Library/AddressBook and replace both of the database files in that folder with the ones you extracted from your backup.
    Last edited by niqolas619; 2010-06-29 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi, does this include the contact photos ?