Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMovie For Other Devices

Default iMovie For Other Devices
    IMOVIE FOR IPHONE 3GS IS FULLY OPERATIONAL!

--------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------
    Hello, MMi members. I'm working on making iMovie run on iPhone 3GS. I will chart my progress as I go along. Be sure to chip in any thoughts or suggestions! Here we go..

----- Take 1 -----

*Bought iMovie for iPhone 4
    //iMovie.app weighs in at just 36.1 MB
    *Successfully downgraded from iOS 4 to iOS 3.1.3
    *Jailbroke iOS 3.1.3 using Spirit
    *Changed SystemVersion.plist to iOS 4.0
    //iTunes no longer gives me an error when installing iMovie. Still doesn't install it.
    *Gave read & write permission to iMovie.sinf in SC_info folder inside iMovie.app.
    *Modified Info.plist to disable requirements for a front facing camera and uploaded iMovie.app to /Applications.
    //Icon shows up in an un-rendered state on the home screen and crashes upon launch. It's becoming apparent that I need to install it through iTunes.
    *Tried to install app sync but since I changed the SystemVersion to 4.0, it gave me the 4.0 mobileinstallation patch causing my iPhone to have to be restored. Give me a sec

----- TAKE 2 -----

*Jailbroke my iPad (much easier to work on) and installed iMovie with App Cake (thanks a lot Nicholas Knight!).
    *Switched the system version to 4.0 and added a front-facing video camera boolean to K48AP.plist.
    //At this point the application appears on the home screen but crashes upon tapping the icon. I looked at the application crash logs and discovered a few missing frameworks. These can be retrieved using iPhone 4.. we might have to wait for a jailbreak before this project can proceed.
    *With a fixed frameworks.. iMovie is fully usable.
    Last edited by thatoneguy159; 2010-06-26 at 11:48 PM.

try installing it with app cake

iPhone? More like MyPhone branco145's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't forget codesigning (ldid)

Guess what? I cracked it. It's completely usable. It exports in only medium size, but that's okay for now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i'm having a bit of trouble and confusion. could you pm me instructions and the frameworks?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

if you guys manage to do this can it be ported to 3g?? im waiting till july 28th for my WHITE iphone4 so this would be sweet in the meantime

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

it can already be ran on a 3G, it just crashes after you start a new project. after going through the crash log I found I need a 'VecLib.framework'

i got it on the 3gs runs fine, hasent crashed yet, but idk how to add text to videos :P

Only now has my work been publicized. :P