Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: openSSH problem on iOS4

Default openSSH problem on iOS4
    Hi there.

Anyone having problems with openSSH on iOS4. Its installed successfully but not connecting to WinSCP and Cyberduck.

Anyone having this problem??
    iPhone 4
    Firmware : iOS4
    Carrier : Softbank (Japan)
    Jailbroken using Jailbreakme

2. The Following User Says Thank You to raziiq For This Useful Post:

unoaaa (2010-10-28)

Works fine for me on iOS 4 3GS...
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    iPhone 3GS / iOS 4 / White / 32gb / blackra1n'd / holla!

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

use iFunbox or iPhoneBrowser, both free and alot quicker because it isnt over wireless im geussing you already know about them..
    its they way forward..
    P.S. dont know about phonebrowser but ifunbox is 100% compatible with ios4 as long as you have the latest version..

I use iFunBox too and it's super useful. I only switch to winSCP whenever I need to change the file permission property

Same issue here.

I've tried restarting, installing sbsettings to reset the, reinstalling OpenSSH. All connection to the device is instantly rejected (as though OpenSSH is not installed).

i know about Diskaid, iFunbox and others, but still openSSH is not working which is my issue, coz lots of times you need to run some command through Terminal to your iPhone and as MobileTerminal is still not compatible with iOS4, so the only way to run certain commands on iOS4 is through openSSH.

please post the fix if anyone gets it working
    iPhone 4

Default OpenSSh problems
    Jailbroke with Pwnagtool 4.01, successfully so only to [email protected] it upp backing everything up from Rock Anyway had trouble today, network, WiFi etc ; this after having installed OpenSSH and used Cyberduck to hack ringtones +++. Uninstalled winterboard & OpenSSH and everything is now fine . Reinstalled Winterboard now , fingers crossed. What else works: iOS4 runs like a wet dream, SB Settings, qTweeter, iFile, Lockinfo + plugins, Grooveshark, Rock.

Removing openSSH , reinstalling openSSL and then reinstalling openSSH from Cydia fixes the problem for sometime but again wont work
    iPhone 4

i am having this same problem

Same problem here. I need to change some permissions

I had the same problem. Found this and it fixed the timeout/not connecting issue right away:

Delete this files: (I used iFile
    / System / Library / LaunchDaemons / com.ikey.bbot.plist
    / Bin / poc-bbot

Reinstall OpenSSH

Technical Information (Analysis)
    Worm:iPhoneOS/Ikee.C is a worm that uses the default root password in SSH in order to spread among jail-broken iPhones. The worm also changes the affected machine's background image.
    Installation
    When run on an iPhone, this worm takes the following actions:

1. Attempts to set a file lock at /var/lock/bbot.lock in order to verify that only one copy of the worm runs at a time.
    2. Attempts to copy the file /var/log/youcanbeclosertogod.jpg to /var/mobile/Library/LockBackground.jpg
    3. Removes the /usr/sbin/sshd directory and stops the SSH daemon.
    4. Attempts to spread using several hard-coded IP ranges.

When the worm infects a remote host, it does so by copying /bin/poc-bbot, /bin/sshpass and /var/log/youcanbeclosertogod.jpg from the local system to the remote system. It also copies /var/log/youcanbeclosertogod.jpg to /var/mobil/Library/LockBackground.jpg on the remote system.

The file /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ikey.bbot.plist is also copied to the remote system and the following command is run:
    "launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ikey.bbot.plist"

This command is used to load the worm remotely, and to add it to startup on reboot on the remote machine.

The worm then remotely stops the SSH daemon and deletes the automatic start on reboot option for the SSH service.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dudemanly For This Useful Post:

antman1 (2010-08-20), jkmonkey (2010-08-20), ryanpeiris (2011-04-07), timthumb (2010-08-20)

BIG Thank you! That was it. I am now fixed. I was able to SSHin to my phone after your instructions and finally fix my Netflix permissions.

mine to is now working but i think it turned out to be something i was doing....as i dont really feel confident of doing anything ssh i am at the moment going to leave thins alone as only wanted to install frash

thanks for all the answers

tim

Problem with openssh on ios4? Its easy..

1. Remove openshh
    2. Go to the safe mode
    3. Install openshh on cydia
    then reboot

Quote Originally Posted by dudemanly View Post
    I had the same problem. Found this and it fixed the timeout/not connecting issue right away:

Delete this files: (I used iFile
    / Bin / poc-bbot

Reinstall OpenSSH

Technical Information (Analysis)
    Worm:iPhoneOS/Ikee.C is a worm that uses the default root password in SSH in order to spread among jail-broken iPhones. The worm also changes the affected machine's background image.
    Installation
    When run on an iPhone, this worm takes the following actions:

1. Attempts to set a file lock at /var/lock/bbot.lock in order to verify that only one copy of the worm runs at a time.
    2. Attempts to copy the file /var/log/youcanbeclosertogod.jpg to /var/mobile/Library/LockBackground.jpg
    3. Removes the /usr/sbin/sshd directory and stops the SSH daemon.
    4. Attempts to spread using several hard-coded IP ranges.

When the worm infects a remote host, it does so by copying /bin/poc-bbot, /bin/sshpass and /var/log/youcanbeclosertogod.jpg from the local system to the remote system. It also copies /var/log/youcanbeclosertogod.jpg to /var/mobil/Library/LockBackground.jpg on the remote system.

The file /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ikey.bbot.plist is also copied to the remote system and the following command is run:
    "launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ikey.bbot.plist"

This command is used to load the worm remotely, and to add it to startup on reboot on the remote machine.

The worm then remotely stops the SSH daemon and deletes the automatic start on reboot option for the SSH service.
    I see that you do understand that you do
    :-)

May be you might also advise how to disable autostart of openSSH deamon after rebooting? I would like to have it stopped by default and start it manually every time in need it.

I guess there should be done some manipulations with /System/Library/LaunchDaemons

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemanly View Post
    I had the same problem. Found this and it fixed the timeout/not connecting issue right awayelete this files: (I used iFile
    / Bin / poc-bbot
    Reinstall OpenSSH
    Thanks a lot mate, that worked for me! I was going crazy over this.

Thanks
    Do i delete the hole thing
    / Bin / poc-bbot

OR JUST

/ poc-bbot

Thanks
    Notstrong

i need help! cant find automatic ssh on cydia! what shoul i do?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Just use iPhoneExplorer. It's USB based and the easiest method to SSH. BTW, MobileTerminal IS working in iOS 4.x, you just need to Google it or get it here: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Install in: /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall and then reboot. *You may need to create the Cydia and AutoInstall folders; paying careful attention to the capitalizations of those folder names

In 'Cydia' set yourself as a 'Developer' under Manage-Settings to 'Who are you'. In User some Dev level software not shown.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast