Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom logo to replace 3G

Default Custom logo to replace 3G
    Hey all

I am struggling to get rid of my 3G logo and replace it.

I am running MIM, as you can see from the screenshot, I have changed the carrier NAME and the time replaced by my own banner, but I am always left with the 3G logo- I want to add a little skull or something- any idea where this file is located or if there is a simple SSH mod for it?

I previously located the file and thought I had it sussed- so I replaced the 3G with just a black circle which seemed to hide it fine, but every respring and the little f----r would reappear !!

ANy help would be appreciated.

I am running black status bars, with MIM to change the names- but this dang 3G is still there !

See below:

Ok, I have managed to replace the logo with a little skull, after playing around though it seems that I am unable to have a wide logo- looks like I am restricted to 15 x 20 px for the image, and when I use a custom downloaded logo from MMI it gets cut off at that size- is this size a normal restriction with my 3GS or my firmware 3.1.3 or is there something I am doing wrong after replacing the "UMTS_ON etc..." files ?

Thanks cracksters
    Last edited by iTone; 2010-06-24 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My Rotten Pear beats your fresh Apple every time.