Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: plist editor query

Default plist editor query
    Hey all

I have recently added a custom plist file to my theme on a 3GS running 3.1.3

I have been able to change all of the strings such as the lockslider text etc, however I have one small glitch- in the info.plist file I changed the "setting language" text, however I have Respringer installed, and am still getting the "setting language..." text.

I have opened the info.plist within the Respring app but there is no "setting language" string to change as I had hoped it would be.

I assume that the Respring app defaults in this regard to the ""setting language" text which must be within root files of the iphone. The only text which has me puzzled within the Respring plist is "????" under the CFBundleString key. Could THIS be a default or more importanlty, THE default direction to that annoying setting language text?

I would like to change up the "????" to try it out, but being an app that essentially controls the springbopard it is probably not wise to test out incase I brick the thing.

Has anyone else worled this out ?

Thanks for your help in advance- love this site.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

try looking for a .strings file in the app that is where it will be... and does respringer respring as soon as u click the app icon? if it is that app can you tell me which repo you go tit from caus i cannot find it on cydia
    thanks!

Hiya

I got the app from Cydia.

It is called Respring, the author looks like it is BigBoss according to my packages folder.

Hope that helps.

I have also looked within the app and cannot see the string anywhere in it's plist file...looks like it is within Apple's settings somewhere, so if anyone else out there can find it or has sorted this problem, I would love to hear from you
    My Rotten Pear beats your fresh Apple every time.

Thanks

sbsettings uses that string aswell, try looking in there...
    im a twat and upgraded so im not jb'ed atm

sweet- have never installed SBSettings as I usually just SSH all my settings, but will download and check it out. Cheers.
    My Rotten Pear beats your fresh Apple every time.

Thanks

cool i would say it is a must have as you can turn off substrates when not being used etc. im going to keep looking so check back here and i may have found it, or if you need any help with sbsettings.
    (ONE THING: I RECOMMEND NOT USING THE REBOOT FEATURE IN SBS BECAUSE IN THE PAST IT HAS BOOTLOOPED MY PHONE, HOWEVER THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ANYTHING ELSE)