Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need compass.app from 3GS

Default I need compass.app from 3GS
    Could anyone upload that for me, please?

sorry for inconvinience, already download, moderators please remove the topic
    Last edited by app0; 2010-06-16 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to app0 For This Useful Post:

McMichael96 (2010-06-17)

iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Thanks

Where did you download it? I need a copy, thanks.
    I like apple stuff.
    If you see the username "McMichael96" anywhere, it's probably me.

Actually I needed it for my iPad, but for some weird reason it didn't launch, seems it is because I used 3.0 FW, not the recommended 3.1.
    To get compass.app I have decrypted 3GS firmware, how to is on Hack that Phone - Decrypting 3.0 firmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Thanks

loll, I needed it for my iPad to! But yeah, I need a 3.1.x compass.app
    I like apple stuff.
    If you see the username "McMichael96" anywhere, it's probably me.

I have a desaturated compass app if you guys want it- I Have uploaded it here:

ModMyi Forums - Downloads - Tonebomb compass theme

Went ahead and uploaded these to my blog guys.

Compass, Maps app, and the Nike app included =P

BoTGoD DoT NeT iPhone 3GS Compass and Maps Applications

these will work on a 3g?

Yeah they should, your firmware is the restricting factor in general not your phone model. They should work fine

Compass should not work....Its a GPS signal that allows direction. Correct me if I am mistaken.

Not sure how the Compass.app would do anything on a device with no magnetometer....?

It does nothing. I was hoping that it would at least detect when i was going the wrong direction, but the app will not even show up on my 3G.

Not that its going to make the compass actually do anything but as far as the app not showing up:

1. did you set permissions properly?
    2. did you refresh the springboard icon cache?

Yes and Yes.

Permissions are set to 755

EDIT: and by icon cache, I rebooted and also resprang, still is not showing.
    Last edited by corkey20000; 2010-06-29 at 03:17 AM.

are you using a theme that negates the compass app?

Try puttin it in your APPLICATIONS folder, and also make a foilder inside your theme bundles folder called com.apple.compass and put the files in the new folder too. See how that goes mate.
    My Rotten Pear beats your fresh Apple every time.

Quote Originally Posted by iTone View Post
    are you using a theme that negates the compass app?

Try puttin it in your APPLICATIONS folder, and also make a foilder inside your theme bundles folder called com.apple.compass and put the files in the new folder too. See how that goes mate.
    Im sorry what is this path nub

EDIT: the path to the theme bundles

EDIT2: I do not have any themes and am not using winterboard so will that pertain to me?
    Last edited by corkey20000; 2010-06-29 at 04:29 AM.

Hi

No if you aren't using WB or any themes it will not pertain.

But you willneed to drop the compass folder into the first or second folder from the top- the folder called applications. drop the whole compass folder in there and you should be working- seems strange that it does not work at all or even try to pop up- could be n incompatibel version for your firmware- not sure what it is you are loading thewre...let me now where you got it and what the folder names are and I will check it out.
    My Rotten Pear beats your fresh Apple every time.

I am running iOS4 (the public release) and have the folder placed in the root /Applications folder. The CMOD is 755. I grabbed the file from some link within this thread.

On 3G it is impossible to get compass.app working, there's no magnetometer. If you want your 3G to look like 3GS install CompassF from cydia.
    On my iPad wifi compass.app works great, however it was difficult to make it show up on springboard.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

does anyone know if we can decrypt 4.0 firmware?? im helping with the 4.0 theming thread and would be ideal to be able to do this..
    ty in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by corkey20000 View Post
    EDIT: and by icon cache, I rebooted and also resprang, still is not showing.
    Try downloading gUIcache from Cydia, launch, respring, and see if that makes any difference. Other than that I'm out of ideas sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast