Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Broken Silent Switch

Default Broken Silent Switch
    If you don't feel like reading this whole thing,I am just wondering where I can find the SMS UI sounds via SSH? I am pretty much a SSH n00b

My 3GS is perma-stuck in the ringer mode so I have all of the sounds off and I use AutoSilent from Cydia. However, I still want my phone to vibrate when I get a text and all AutoSilent does is set my text tone to silent, disabling vibration. I downloaded some silent sms-tone off of Cydia and that only changes my sms-tone to a silent one so all of the other UI sounds are still present such as when my message sends, etc. Where can I find these UI sounds through SSH so that I can change them to a silent sound?

System/library/audio/ui sounds

thank yu

however, whenever I send an SMS, the SMS sent sound still goes off even though i changed the 'SentMessage.caf' to a silent tone. All of the rest of the files that I changed are all okay and they don't make any sound expect for this one. Is there another location on my device that controls that?

If you would...try something for me. Create a folder on your desktop, name it whatever you want. Inside that folder create another and name it UI Sounds. Place your modded sounds in that ui sounds folder and then ssh that folder into themes (var/stash/themes) then open it up in winter board and select that as a theme. Let me know if it changes your sounds.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jfbreese For This Useful Post:

btowne (2010-06-12)

yeah that works perfectly

great idea!! thank you!!!