Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to change the colour of the status bar

Default How to change the colour of the status bar
    Hi,
    Ive changed the colour of the status bar but when i go onto messages or some apps the bar at the top goes white. I want it black all of the time. Is there anyway to change it black for all apps?
    Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me mob87's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you using winterboard? Where did you put the status bar and what did you name it?

Could you go through the steps please and ill try it again, thankss

And yes i have winterboard
    Last edited by maxamo; 2010-05-30 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxamo View Post
    Could you go through the steps please and ill try it again, thankss

And yes i have winterboard
    Create a folder label it something like Black Status then create another folder inside it labeled bundles then create another folder inside it labeled com.apple.springboard. This is where you are gonna put the status bar. Create 2 status bars and name them FSO_BG and FST_BG. Or if you are using a theme that already has a com.apple.springboard folder just drop the new status bars in there.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mob87 For This Useful Post:

maxamo (2010-05-31)

Where do i get the template for the status bar? I did have it, ive lost it so on my desktop i create a folder called black status then inside that i create a folder called bundles then then inside labels i create a folder called com.apple.springboard then inside that i put my status and name one FSO_BG and the other FST_BG. I put this in the themes folder?
    Where can find this and if there is a com.apple.springboard folder, do i drag the whole black status folder into the com.apple.springboard folder? thanks for your help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxamo View Post
    Where do i get the template for the status bar? I did have it, ive lost it so on my desktop i create a folder called black status then inside that i create a folder called bundles then then inside labels i create a folder called com.apple.springboard then inside that i put my status and name one FSO_BG and the other FST_BG. I put this in the themes folder?
    Where can find this and if there is a com.apple.springboard folder, do i drag the whole black status folder into the com.apple.springboard folder? thanks for your help
    If you are already using a theme and it has a com.apple.springboard folder all you have to do is drag the 2 status bars over, not the whole folder. I have no clue where to get a template for the status bar. If you have photoshop or something you can easily make one. Create a black image thats 320x20.

Thanks i have just done that and it only changes the status bar when you are at the home screen, as soon as i go into messages of phone or any type of app it turns white again
    Is there anyway i can get it so it doesnt change to white?

Thanks

Did you save the status bars as .png files?

yer i saved it as a png file and named it what you told me to

Thanks

Try putting one in UIImages and label it Default_BG

sorry but where do i find that folder

dont worry found it

doesnt work still
    Last edited by maxamo; 2010-06-03 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Haha I thought you meant you wanted to get rid of the white status bar like in the photos app. The status bar in messages and phone doesnt theme. It stays the color it is. Nothing you can do about it I dont think.