Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Data Recovery - Help with final step

Default iPhone Data Recovery - Help with final step
    Ok so long story short, my phone brick'd. Bad. Had to do a full wipe just to get it back. I followed all the steps for the iPhone Data Recovery threads: Jailbroke it, installed SSH, set up dd utility and SSH on my windows computer(...ugh), pulled the iphone-dump.img off the phone, and used PhotoRec to recover my 76k+ files.

The reason I did all of this was because my phone hadn't backed up in over 9 months. I moved about 9 months ago and lost tons of contacts, notes, recordings, etc. The recovery was successful in the sense that I got most of my photos back. It was unsuccessful in the sense that all of my .sqlitedb files (address book, notes, etc.) are all jumbled up.

Does anybody know how to weed out and find those sqlite files? I can see them all in the recovered files but every file gets renamed during the recovery and there's well over 1,000 sqlite files. I know this is far from an easy task but I would really like to be able to get all this stuff back.

***Just a little side note, I did download FTK 1 (Forensic Toolkit) and have it all setup as the demo version with the ability to recover roughly 5k files. I am honestly lost on how to work it heh. If it's possible to narrow the search with FTK and somebody knows how, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks everyone!

Thank you for your detailed instruction on how to recover the data.

I have almost reached the final step as well. I tried to use PhotoRec to recover the photos last night. However, I just scan it by selecting .png and .jpg. It took forever to complete the process. So I stopped it.

Can you teach me how to scan the iphone-dump.img only? Thanks in advance!