Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PKGBackup Question

Default PKGBackup Question
    I have used PKG Backup for a while but I have never switched a device and pulled the backup from my old device to a new one. Both phones have 3.1.2 and on the original one I do the backup and sync with iTunes. I then plug in the new phone and do a restore in iTunes but when I go to open PKG backup there are no files to restore from. Is this possible with this program or is there another way? The contacts are syncing just fine also.

It should work as long as the Pkgbackup contact is syncing to your new phone.

I have just had no luck with it. For as much time as I spent trying to get it to work I could have just installed all of my Cydia apps. I have used it with no problems in the past but I was only restoring to the same device and not a different device. I have even tried the share data feature and I get a corrupt backup error when I open up the program. I know I didn't pay much for this but it's still frustrating when it doesn't work. I'm wondering if PKG backup stores the data on the phone somewhere because then I could at least SSH into the phone and get that data and put it to my new device and restore it that way.

I doubt it....your prolly just better off reinstalling everything manually. You cant possibly have that much stuff to install.

No I don't but it was just driving me crazy that it didn't work. I gave up earlier and decided to post to see if anyone had any suggestions. If not I'll probably just manually install the apps. It's just frustrating since it is an app that I paid for.