Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lock Screen Mod

Default Lock Screen Mod
    How do you change the bar behind the slide to unlock? (The blue in the attachment). I want to make it transparent or something. And yes, I know you can tell how freakin' awesome my photoshop skills are from the photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0003.jpg  

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb283 View Post
    How do you change the bar behind the slide to unlock? (The blue in the attachment). I want to make it transparent or something. And yes, I know you can tell how freakin' awesome my photoshop skills are from the photo.
    I believe the file you are looking for is located here: "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/bottombarbkgndlock.png"

Oh ok. So to make it transparent I need to extract the default one and photoshop it so it's transparent, then replace with default. Correct?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes, but first you would need to convert it with one of the many iPhone PNG converters available (Google this). The PNGs employed by iPhoneOS are probably unreadable by Photoshop (among other things).

So before replacing it I have to convert it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

More specifically, before you edit it with Photoshop you must convert it. The iPhone can read normal .pngs, so you don't need to convert it before putting it back on the iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you just wanted it completely goen then I think all you have to do is rename the "bottombarbkgndlock.png" to "bottombarbkgndlock.png.old" and all you will see is the slider with text in lock screen. Of course you must respring first.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hadzo View Post
    If you just wanted it completely goen then I think all you have to do is rename the "bottombarbkgndlock.png" to "bottombarbkgndlock.png.old" and all you will see is the slider with text in lock screen. Of course you must respring first.
    To ensure stability, it is better to have a 100% transparent image than a nonexistent image.

Ok so the iPhone can read normal pngs, but to photoshop it I need to use the converter so I can open it in photoshop? I think I understand.