Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modding app store apps picture

Default Modding app store apps picture
    I just modded a picture and some text in the app. I moved the app to /Applications and now it won't open. It just crash. What am I doing wrong?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jason761 View Post
    I just modded a picture and some text in the app. I moved the app to /Applications and now it won't open. It just crash. What am I doing wrong?
    If by "and some text" you mean the file names, then you should change said text back... Otherwise, you haven't provided sufficient details for me to figure out what exactly you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Puka1701 View Post
    If by "and some text" you mean the file names, then you should change said text back... Otherwise, you haven't provided sufficient details for me to figure out what exactly you did.
    I have first went to /var/mobile/applications to look for the Genius Camera app. I only dragged Genius.app to /Applications. I checked if it worked. I renamed the app to Camera and changed the icon. I then thought about how to modify the app's startup screen to Camera. I had to convert the .png file to the png file that a pc can read. Then I modified it. After, I tried to launch the app but it just crashed. I dont know what happened. But I need help fixing this.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jason761 View Post
    I have first went to /var/mobile/applications to look for the Genius Camera app. I only dragged Genius.app to /Applications. I checked if it worked. I renamed the app to Camera and changed the icon. I then thought about how to modify the app's startup screen to Camera. I had to convert the .png file to the png file that a pc can read. Then I modified it. After, I tried to launch the app but it just crashed. I dont know what happened. But I need help fixing this.
    I don't think you can simply rename apps. Try renaming it back to what it was before.

I have an app called Renamer from iphone.hk repo and it worked perfectly fine with no crashes before the modifying part.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Never mind then...

Quote Originally Posted by Puka1701 View Post
    Never mind then...
    Do you know how to fix it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sure: Reinstall it...

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

why did you drag the .app to a whole other file that's probably the cause of the crashing, because changing the images doesn't cause anything to crash.