Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to completly remove cydia, and settings.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Brandonii's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How to completly remove cydia, and settings.
    For some reason, my cydia is acting horribly wrong. It won't even load anymore, such as sources and packages, icy isn't working either. I rejail broke it, but it still had all the same settings as before, how do i start cydia afresh? and can i keep all my packages i have installed?

Thanks

some cydia errors i am getting is encountered a section with no package: headererror posix
    and nothing ever loads

try upgrading your firmware and then re jailbreak with spirit. If your on the latest, download the ispw and option+click update to it. That fixes everything.

or download the .deb for Rock.app and reinstall cydia from there.
    Last edited by EliteApple; 2010-05-10 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I need 3.1.2 and to stay unlocked.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had the same problem. After doing the same thing you did with no avail I decided to do a fresh restore (3.1.2). First sync your contacts and calendar with your PC/Mac, you can do this with iTunes - this will allow your contacts to be dumped straight to your PC/Mac. Restore with 3.1.2. After restore don’t restore from your back up in iTunes, set up as new iPhone and then sync contacts and calendar, now you have a fresh restore. Jailbreak with blackra1n, install Cydia … Sometimes the backup file becomes corrupt so that even after a restore if you restore from back up things become screwed up again. Now I have no problems with Cydia.

As for the packages, I believe that there is an app that will sync your Cydia apps or some… maybe someone else can shed some light on that …

Last edited by hadzo; 2010-05-10 at 03:32 PM.