Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it possible to hex edit the IMEI on an iPhone?

Default Is it possible to hex edit the IMEI on an iPhone?
    Hey, i'm new to the forums...

I was just wondering if it's possible to hex edit the IMEI on an iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 Jailbroken by Spirit as I bought this iPhone from eBay and the seller didn't tell me that it was barred for some reason so If you could tell me if it is possbile to hex edit and change the IMEI I would be seriously happy as I've saved up all my money for an iPhone and this was my only chance to get one...

Thank you...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Nope, and it is illegal to change IMEIs. The phone was probably lost/stolen. Apple should be able to tell you which it is. I would also report the seller as selling items like that.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Changing imei is highly illegal, you won't find any help here.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To change the IMEI number as far as I know you have to change it in the baseband chip. So if the iphone is using bootloader below the 5.8 line you can but you need skills, if however the iphone's bootloader is 5.8+ than there is now software way. You'll have to open the device detach the chip reprogram it and attach it again(I really don't recommend you to do this - there is a very big chance that you iphone doesn't even boot after this).