Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipa files

Default ipa files
    as many of you know ipa files are app file but did you know that those files are accully zip files well they are im not kiding. this is what is inside them
    so once you open them you can edit thier contents using a hex editor or other tools then copy the changed contents into the ipa file then uncheck sync then recheck sync and your changed app will be on your iphone
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-04-27 at 07:23 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

If you have ever played with a OSX machine you will know that even applications on OSX are "zip" files. Apps installed on OSX are normally just 1 file, that is way getting rid of an app is as easy as just dragging and dropping it in the trash. But you can show all contents of an app in OSX to see the stuff inside that the app uses.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

i just wanted to show anyone who did not know this that this was possible and yes a i have played with an osx system but only for a good 3 weeks it was a hackintosh i am still in the proccess of restoring that hackintosh.but during its working time i did notice that

but is there any way to open the dmg files in the firmware file from windows of cource
    Last edited by jfmherokiller; 2010-04-27 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by jfmherokiller View Post
    but is there any way to open the dmg files in the firmware file from windows of cource
    Check this site out...