Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Install the installd patch with Rock (or manually??)

Thanks

Default Install the installd patch with Rock (or manually??)
    Hi,

I just had to rejailbreak my iPod last night because Cydia would no longer open. It would open for about two seconds and then crash. I tried all sorts of methods to try and fix it (clearing cache, etc.) but none of them worked.

So I rejailbroke with redsn0w, and, lo and behold, Cydia had the same problem. So I restored again, this time jailbreaking with blackra1n, and chose to install Rock due to my troubles with Cydia.

All I can say is that it worked out fine, and I now have restored all my themes and such (SSH FTW!!) but there is still one lingering problem.

I like to install cracked apps, test them for a while before paying the hard working dev (in most cases). For this I need to have the installd patch. It says not to install with ICY but mentions nothing about ROCK. What I would like to ask is, is it safe? Or do I use Appsync instead? Or maybe can I try to install the patch manually?

I really don't want to mess my iPod up again after two restores and a few hours of waiting. If there is a safe way of doing this without messing up my iPod again, or, preferrably without Cydia, then please help me out below.

I would very much appreciate any help I could get. Thanks.

Model is iPod Touch 2G, old bootrom, if that helps.

any help? please???
    Last edited by aaron_94; 2010-03-30 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

we do not support crack apps or warez here. Check forum rules

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

this site doesnt offer help regarding cracked apps or warez i suggest u read the rules.
    thread closed.