Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modifying baseband

Question Modifying baseband
    Ive been using this place as a reference for sometime but just registered. I was tinkering with WinSCP earlier after my phone automatically updated to 3.1.3 and left me in a predicament. I downgraded firmware to 3.1.2 and jailbroke with the NO SERVICE issue.

While reading through some of the logs (<root> restore.log) with SSH I noticed this strange message: Version ICE2-05.11.07 is available, ICE2-05.12.01 is already loaded
    Deciding whether to update or not...
    - Available version is older

This would leave me to believe that WE are capable of downgrading the baseband although as you can see Im stuck with the 5.09 so FUZZYBAND and all other options are exhausted.

Checking Static EEP backup -- All OK
    Firmware Version: ICE2-05.12.01
    EEP Version: EEP_VERSION:708
    EEP Revision: EEP_REVISION:1
    Boot Loader Version: ICE2_BOOT_05.09_G2M3S2
    FLS/EEP Mismatch: Match

So Im still stuck with an iphone thats now jailbroken but not even capable of service with an At&t SIM card. Maybe someone with more knowledge in this area could be of some help or maybe somebody has already beaten this topic to death. Either way it leaves me thinking that THERE IS a way to downgrade the baseband just not quite sure what to change within the files.

Ill be continuing to tinker with these ideas and update any more info.

Cheers!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

interesting. im gonna follow this thread. i'll also tinker around on my 3G and see what i can find.

Of course there is a way, its only software....but Apple is the only ones able to do it.

If WE were able to get it done, it would have already happened most likely. There are several dev-teams working on that stuff and many people with a huge amount of knowledge and background.

True, but the fact that it says it's available caught my interest. Because originally apple claimed to no longer validate or offer anything below 3.1.3 with the 5.12.01 baseband. But according to their own info it says it's available. I'm just annoyed that after downgrading I can't solve the no service issue with any of the methods listed.

Hopefully someone will answer this.

Quote Originally Posted by rush2252 View Post
    True, but the fact that it says it's available caught my interest. Because originally apple claimed to no longer validate or offer anything below 3.1.3 with the 5.12.01 baseband. But according to their own info it says it's available. I'm just annoyed that after downgrading I can't solve the no service issue with any of the methods listed.

Hopefully someone will answer this.
    It says it's available because it's bundled with the 3.1.2 firmware.

Did you look at any of the threads that say restore twice, then use QuickPwn 2.2 to pull your phone out of recovery mode after the 2nd 1015 error? I have done that every time I have downgraded the main firmware while being stuck with the newer baseband. Works like a charm.

Yessir. Ive actually mastered the iRecovery tool. I have used it and tried blackra1n as well. I dont have a problem getting it to reboot after trying to restore twice and getting the 1015 error. The problem is NO SERVICE regardless of what I try.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've the same prob. rush... and from what I've researched there are hundreds or maybe even thousands more like us. I downgraded back to 3.1.2 as well and I either have NO SERVICE message or just the first little itty bitty bar but still can't make calls... they fail every time. Also, don't know if yours is this way but I have no carrier logo either (would be ATT for me) and my phone can't find a single wifi network anywhere I go. I've been seeing a lot of people talk about these same issues after 3.1.3 and it's gotta either be the baseband is screwing us or the software update somehow fried our antennas... but really I'm not even sure if wifi and calls use the same antenna because I haven't been able to find any specific info about.
    Anyway, I hope someone finds a way to fix this

were was the log located

xx
    Last edited by Steve Fornell; 2010-09-10 at 05:47 PM.