Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AppIconMask.png HELP please =]

Smile AppIconMask.png HELP please =]
    Hello everyone,

I am new to the theme seen, though pretty experienced (at least for my standards) in graphical design in general.

I come to this forum for help in understanding how to create my own AppIconMask.png as well as overlays and shadows.

I have already downloaded the UI Images pack as well as the complete 3.0 Apple theme from which to start editing.

Does anyone know and willing to tell me the precise directions on creating my own masks, overlays and shadows.

I have tried making a mask and found no alteration to the default apple icons, however i did notice a change the icons in the appstore. Unfortunately, the icons were still not "cropped" as i wanted them despite showing (with transparency) the outline of the mask.

My specific intentions are to "squish" ALL icons for the iphone to suite the theme i am developing and i would greatly appreciated it if any of you kinds sirs could provide my with some assistance.

tl:dr, Precise directions explaining how to make icon masks, overlays and shadows.

Thank you in advanced,

Troy
    Last edited by unoimkll; 2010-03-20 at 11:50 AM.